IR processing times at CHENNAI-INDIA Consulate TRACKER

sreeleshk

Registered Users (C)
I am a USC who filed the i130 for my wife who is in India. the priority date on the I130 petition is as the 3rd of August. Assuming that the I130 gets approved in a time frame of 5 months, its going to be 5 months on the 3rd of Jan. I am creating this thread to track the recent time-lines of applicants as Immediate Relative (IR of USC) at the Chennai Consulate India. Please share your time lines

I130 application sent : 07-24-2010
Priority date (PD) : 08-03-2010
I130 approved : XX-XX-XXXX

Hi,
I applied for my dad for CP in chennai. My date in the reciept is Nov 08,2010. I live in Boston. I was told it will take 5mts. you should be getting the approval letter around 1st week of Jan 2011.If not give uscis a call in 2nd week. good luck and let us know what happend

Hi,
I applied for my dad for CP in chennai. My date in the reciept is Nov 08,2010. I live in Boston. I was told it will take 5mts. you should be getting the approval letter around 1st week of Jan 2011.If not give uscis a call in 2nd week. good luck and let us know what happend

is the priority date of Nov 8th with the I130 with USCIS or with NVC/BBC ?

Hi i applied for my parents cp in chennai,does anyone know which is the best place for them to go for the medical?

it depend where you live. Check the uscis website for list of all doctors, call them and find out the price. go to the chepest one. if you have a family doctor get all the vaccins done with him so that you need not pay the other doctor . I did it like that

It is the date on the recipt i got in the mail. I dont know where to check the priority dates, let me know if you u know how to see them

i believe that they are on the I 797 C Notice Of Action (receipt notice USCIS sends you)
For my I130 the priority date is displayed as 07/26/2010 and notice date is as 08/03/2010. the online status shows the date as 08/03/2010 .... i guess thats the date they go with

after the I 130 is approved i think they are directly sent to the NVC/NBC. i believe you get a new NOA and a new receipt number and a priority date to keep track of things from then on as its no more under USCIS's jurisdiction. ( i may be wrong as i havnt yet gotten to this stage yet, if so i would have had first hand experience)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i applied for my parents cp in chennai,does anyone know which is the best place for them to go for the medical?

look up the available options and call them for fee. normally people chose the doctors of the same gender.

some even pick by the nativity and the language the doc speak.

its not that my english aint fluent, i chose a mallu doc, a few people recommended him. i wasnt asked to take any vaccination. i had all my immunization history in a booklet with dates, i think it was issued by who back in the days and distributed to newborns. my parents did a good job of not losing it and updating it

please share the time line

would you be kind enough to share the time line. this thread is actually to track the timeline so we can all reference it and have some vague idea on the total time frame

PD/Receipt date i 130
Approved date of i 130
Case forwarded to NVC/NBC and given new priority date/receipt number
Choice of agent form Received date
AOS ( Affidavit of support) sent/received
Interview Date Scheduled
Medicals

*i dont have first hand experience, please do update and let me know what are irrelevant if the idea i have about the process, the milestones are wrong or in a different order

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

any updates ?

My DAD's I 130 got approved on Feb 2 2011, I sent the application on Nov 2 2010, Priority date was Nov 5 2010, Recieved an email on 2 Feb 2011, stating that I130 was approved and the case was forwarded to NVC.
recieved an e mail from NVC on 7th 2011, for payment of AOS fee $88.00 and Choise of agent form to be signed and filled.
paid fee on line and emailed the signed -Choise of agent form - back to NVC on 14th Feb, Sent I 864 on 14 feb , got to NVC on 15th.
NVC made a mistake , Instead of giving chennai for the interview they gave mumbai, Called and spoke to NVC, In the process of changing it to chennai.

Hi,

My mom's I 130 CP thru chennai got approved on Feb15th. Now I am waiting for the DS 230.

I 130 sent on 9/17/10
NOA recd on 9/17/10
I 130 transferred to Texas on Nov 1, 2010
Case transferred back to CSC on Feb 10, 2011
I 130 approved on Feb 15th, 2011
DS 230 XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi,

My mom's I 130 CP thru chennai got approved on Feb15th. Now I am waiting for the DS 230.

I 130 sent on 9/17/10
NOA recd on 9/17/10
I 130 transferred to Texas on Nov 1, 2010
Case transferred back to CSC on Feb 10, 2011
I 130 approved on Feb 15th, 2011
DS 230 XXXXXXXXXXX

Good , I am happy for you,
Call the NVC on monday 21st. tell them your USCIS case number, and ask them to tell you NVC case number,and invoice number. they will give it to you. You can log in to the NVC website and pay the $88.00 fee. If you gave them the e mail id they will email you the forms. Send the copy of DS230 to your mom and get her to fill it and send it back to NVC.
Make sure that the NVC case number starts with MDR99999999999. MDR is for chennai.
They messed up my dad's It says BMB which meeans mumbai. I am in the process of getting it changed

my time line my Spouse

PD I130--------------------------------- 08/03/2010
PD I129F-------------------------------- 08/17/2010
RFE for I129F --------------------------- 12/17/2010
APPROVED 129F------------------------- 01/07/2011
SERVICE REQUEST FOR I130-------------- 01/07/2011
NVC TRANSFERS K3 TO CONSULATE--------01/17/2011
MAIL RECEIVED FOR K3--------------------02/08/2010
I130 APPROVED---------------------------02/10/2011
INTERVIEW DATE FOR K3 VISA @ CHENNAI-03/04/2011

The I130 is approved, but nvc has not received it yet. Please provide me info if you know how long it takes based on ur experience from i130 approval to actual visa interview at chennai

my time line my Spouse

PD I130--------------------------------- 08/03/2010
PD I129F-------------------------------- 08/17/2010
RFE for I129F --------------------------- 12/17/2010
APPROVED 129F------------------------- 01/07/2011
SERVICE REQUEST FOR I130-------------- 01/07/2011
NVC TRANSFERS K3 TO CONSULATE--------01/17/2011
MAIL RECEIVED FOR K3--------------------02/08/2010
I130 APPROVED---------------------------02/10/2011
INTERVIEW DATE FOR K3 VISA @ CHENNAI-03/04/2011

The I130 is approved, but nvc has not received it yet. Please provide me info if you know how long it takes based on ur experience from i130 approval to actual visa interview at chennai

After I 130 gets approved it should take around 2-3mts, as per the information i know. But if your spouse got k3 interview, its goos they can come to usa on K3 and then you can apply for I 485.

am decided to go through the k3 route, but in case the nvc sends me the choice of agent and affidavit of support really soon i can have them filled and sent and the affidavit of support filing fee paid and the interview on the 4th (for the k3) can be upgraded to the CR1 interview if nvc has assigned a case number - MDR number for the immigrant visa petition in this case. i would be able to by pass the wait after choice of agent and AOS being done to get the visa interview appointment scheduled.

Approximate timline for parents ir5
I130 applied march end 2010
130 approved sep 2010
Choice of agent oct first week
Paid aos fee around same time
Paid iv fee nov first week
Submitted iv docu dec first
Case complete dec end
Interview yesterday and done at chennai..
Waiting for stamped passport..

Thanks and good luck.

Good , I am happy for you,
Call the NVC on monday 21st. tell them your USCIS case number, and ask them to tell you NVC case number,and invoice number. they will give it to you. You can log in to the NVC website and pay the $88.00 fee. If you gave them the e mail id they will email you the forms. Send the copy of DS230 to your mom and get her to fill it and send it back to NVC.
Make sure that the NVC case number starts with MDR99999999999. MDR is for chennai.
They messed up my dad's It says BMB which meeans mumbai. I am in the process of getting it changed

Thank u for the info will follow it. But keep us posted of your progress.

Thank u for the info will follow it. But keep us posted of your progress.

got it changed from BMB to MDR :) :). Also got the invoice for Visa Fee.$404.oo. Pid it on line . Now getting ready with the paper work to be sent back to NVC.