Iowa SESA Tracker

New To This Thread

Hi Guys ...

Am just about to file for my LC from IOWA was just wondering if ppl have faced any issues as far as any RFE's are concerned or its smooth sailing up here .... :)

re:

Guys .
Do you know any company that might be doing GC for future employment i.e the employee may join after the EAD etc.

HI, ASHKAR,

Do you mean that no RIR case can be filed in IOWA anymore? Can you explain a little in details if I misunderstand your meaning?
Thanks,

Originally posted by c
SPB999:
Yes, IOWA SESA won't assign any case numbers. They are not receiving more cases. It seems that more people are applying nowadays for Labor.
Please don't call the Analyst frequently. It's not advisable.

I mean that IA,SESA are not receiving more RIR cases that's why they are not assigning case numbers. This is my assumption.

Nowadays more people started applying for LC from Iowa, the process might be delayed.

ASHKAR, you mean they are not receiving many cases right? You don't mean they are not accepting more cases right? Sorry, I am not very clear about that because at the end you said that more people apply in IOWA.

Does any people get rejected in IOWA so far? Would you please tell me how difficult is it? I am planning to file very soon.

Thanks a lot!

IOWA SESA

Ashkar & spb999,
My attorney says it's been over 4 weeks since my labor was filed.
I guess the date is 10/10. No case number or receipt received.
I didn't have much success calling the numbers you gave.
I do not have employer TAX Id or phone number on the application.
when do you think my case would move to Regional?
spb999 - Please update us your status.

-sra123

sra123,
According to SESA IOWA for RIR cases , they dont send any case number to your lawyer, only they sends a letter as when it has been forwarded to Chicago DOL. Once Chicago DOL receives your case then they assign case no to your case.

I has not yet received any info from Lawyer about my case status, but when I talked to IOWA LAST WEEK they told me that they are now processing Nov'03 cases, so hope so it would have gone to Chicago DOL. Generally it takes 3-4 weeks to receive a letter from IOWA SESA as to when your case is forwarded to DOL Chicago.

Thanks,
SPB999

Seems like the LCA Processing times for RIR cases have moved up to Sept 2003 as well as for the Regional DOL times for RIR to Sept 2003..... http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Just confused abt the posts earlier by our friend here spb999
Please refer to the text in RED's

Originally posted by spb999
sra123,
According to SESA IOWA for RIR cases , they dont send any case number to your lawyer, only they sends a letter as when it has been forwarded to Chicago DOL. Once Chicago DOL receives your case then they assign case no to your case.

I has not yet received any info from Lawyer about my case status, but when I talked to IOWA LAST WEEK they told me that they are now processing Nov'03 cases, so hope so it would have gone to Chicago DOL. Generally it takes 3-4 weeks to receive a letter from IOWA SESA as to when your case is forwarded to DOL Chicago.

Thanks,
SPB999

Are the guys at the IOWA SESA taking us for a ride ....... !!!! :confused

On the same note do you guys think it would help if we could carry a tracker like an Excel sheet that has info some thing like this I know Delaware has one and it helps a lot .....---- >

IOWA TRACKER

Here is the IOWA Tracker and I tried to fill in all the information that I could get based on the posts up here by the users.......

So ppl it sure would be nice for all of us here that we fill in our information ...... cheers

I hope this helps ......

:)

Processing times

Thanks to Darth for the XLS file initiative.

I am also planning to apply from Iowa soon and I used to watch the processing times and this forum closely. Here is some of my thoughts on the processing times:

Regarding the processing time discrepancy, I think since Iowa has started receiving more applications, they are also doing all these "red tape" thing now. May be they posted it as Sep 2003 on the site because they do not want more people to rush to Iowa! Or Chicago DOL might have told them to hold off for a while to reduce the inflow to DOL from Iowa SESA. It is one of the ways they want to restrict the number of applications by discouraging the applicants. Like what is happening with H1-B revalidation.

(Look what is happening with H1B visa revalidation in St. Louis and D.C. Everyone is getting their visa stamped exactly in 12 weeks +/- one week! It is a red tape thing again. I believe even if they stamp the visa in 4 weeks they hold off until the 12 week.)

Also if you notice, 6 out of 10 states under CHICAGO DOL are almost current with their state processing times ( Aug to Oct 2003 ). The gap between the filing date and the approval date is also steadily increasing with Chicago DOL. All this means is that Chicago DOL inflow is growing larger and larger.

I guess we are all racing against time! Looks like I have to start ASAP.

Good luck to all of us,
Udaippan

darth_vader,
I just now again called IOWA SESA to check about the processing dates, talked to the analyst, they said they are processing current for RIR cases, I asked them why DOL webiste is showing Sept 2003, they said it is wrong date on site, So the dates for IOWA SESA are current means Nov.

If you want to check the IOWA SESA Dates please talk to an Analyst at 5152819336 and ask what r the processing dates for RIR Permanent labor.

thanks,
spb999

Spb999 .... Just a quick note ..... I was not trying to question the validity of your statement earlier..... just that the LCA Processing Times on the DOL Site shows some else .... so wanted to clear "My Personal Confusion" ...besides we all here to help each other the more the information we get out of those guys the better it is for us I guess ud agree to that..... :)

Anyways its a good sign that the data is messed up on their site and now that they processing NOV its sure is a good sign ;)

Again id like to encourage ppl to enter the information on the Iowa.xls sheet .... it does help .

Originally posted by spb999
darth_vader,
I just now again called IOWA SESA to check about the processing dates, talked to the analyst, they said they are processing current for RIR cases, I asked them why DOL webiste is showing Sept 2003, they said it is wrong date on site, So the dates for IOWA SESA are current means Nov.

If you want to check the IOWA SESA Dates please talk to an Analyst at 5152819336 and ask what r the processing dates for RIR Permanent labor.

thanks,
spb999
;)

Thx

Good to hear that Iowa is current. Thanks Spb999.

Hopefully my papers will be filed in couple of weeks. Just waiting to enter my name into the XLS file ;)

Thanks,
Udaippan

Udaippan:

Your thoughts could be correct. My case has forwarded to DOL on 08/15/03 and DOL received it on 09/02/03. I have noted that few cases have forwarded after my case from other states (Ex: MI) to DOL and DOL received it in August third or fourth week.

My case is still pending in DOL for the last 4 weeks without any reason and many cases approved after my case. When I talked to DOL this week, they told me that my case will be processed within 2 weeks. As per actual DOL processing time, my case would have processed 4 weeks ago.

Try to apply as soon as possible.

Good luck for your labor process.

Udaippan Posting:

Processing times
Thanks to Darth for the XLS file initiative.

I am also planning to apply from Iowa soon and I used to watch the processing times and this forum closely. Here is some of my thoughts on the processing times:

Regarding the processing time discrepancy, I think since Iowa has started receiving more applications, they are also doing all these "red tape" thing now. May be they posted it as Sep 2003 on the site because they do not want more people to rush to Iowa! Or Chicago DOL might have told them to hold off for a while to reduce the inflow to DOL from Iowa SESA. It is one of the ways they want to restrict the number of applications by discouraging the applicants. Like what is happening with H1-B revalidation.

(Look what is happening with H1B visa revalidation in St. Louis and D.C. Everyone is getting their visa stamped exactly in 12 weeks +/- one week! It is a red tape thing again. I believe even if they stamp the visa in 4 weeks they hold off until the 12 week.)

Also if you notice, 6 out of 10 states under CHICAGO DOL are almost current with their state processing times ( Aug to Oct 2003 ). The gap between the filing date and the approval date is also steadily increasing with Chicago DOL. All this means is that Chicago DOL inflow is growing larger and larger.

I guess we are all racing against time! Looks like I have to start ASAP.

Good luck to all of us,
Udaippan

Don't worry

Ashkar,

I have been reading this Iowa thread for couple of months now and DOL thread as well. You have been very helpful to the forum. Don't worry. Yours will be approved soon.

Ashkar, Spb999, Udaippan,

Thank you for all the info.
I have updated the spreadsheet.
Let's hope the Nov dates are correct and the process becomes faster.

sra123

New to GCprocess

hello friends,

I am relatively new to this GCprocess. Currently, I am working on OPT with Company A which is in TX. And, I just came to know that I can also look for a GC at this stage. I spoke to my company, they agreed to it, but i am not willing to file, as it is in TX, and I heard that it takes a long time for GC in TX. I approached a company B in Iowa, which is also ready to file my GC, in fact they promised to get a GC with 1.5 years, but I have to come on their payroll, which is not a problem for me, as I am on OPT. But I really wanna make sure that Company B is not making a fool of me. Do you guys have any ideas, if we can really file GC on OPT. I also saw an article on immigtation.com which certified that its not wrong if I apply for a GC on OPt. Heres the FAQ:

-------------------------------------
Q44 I am on F-1 visa (student visa). Can I apply for green card (Permanent Residency)?
A44 There is no law that prohibits an F-1, J-1, F-2, or J-2 visa holder from applying for a green card directly. But as a practical matter it takes a long time to obtain a green card in most cases. Therefore, even if you begin your green card process while you are on F or J status you will probably be required to convert to H-1 due to lack of time. Conversion to H-1 during green card pendency is no problem.
One more issue that you have to bear in mind is that F and J visas do not allow you to possess immigrant intent. Therefore, if you travel abroad during the pendency of the green card or if you need to obtain F or J visa stamped, you could have trouble because filing for green card you would have established immigrant intent.

Bottomline: You could apply for green card while holding F or J status but in all probability you will have to obtain an H-1. You can obtain permanent residency under one of the following categories: http://www.immigration.com/residency/
(Posted on 20 December 2002)
[Index] [Compiled by Law Offices of Rajiv S Khanna]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
You people must have got a better idea of the whole GC process by now. Do you really think there is any possiblity of landing up in a problem wither from INS or from my Company B, If I apply for a GC. If yes, then what are the things I need to take care of. Any Help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

AFI