invite family and friends for oath ceremony

gopalmn1965

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was wondering whether we could invite family and friends for the oath ceremony. Any experience would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my wife's ceremony and mine were held at (2 different) Dallas area convention centers. There was lot's of room for friends and family. Other than segregating the oath takers (in the front) and the audience (in the back) there were no checks about who was there.

My daughter (who got her "automagic" citizenship coincident with my wife's naturalization) and I attended my wife's ceremony. Mine was 6 months later and I went by myself.

If you are in a courtroom with limited seating, then the rules might be different.

My wife and I have our Oath ceremony next week in Arlington,TX at 8:15a.m. I have to leave around 6:30a.m. to reach my destination.
My daughter is 6 years old we can't leave her anywhere and the school does not open till 7:30a.m. My question is, can I take her with me? Does she have to sit separately?
Any response is appreciated.

response to your question

My wife and I have our Oath ceremony next week in Arlington,TX at 8:15a.m. I have to leave around 6:30a.m. to reach my destination.
My daughter is 6 years old we can't leave her anywhere and the school does not open till 7:30a.m. My question is, can I take her with me? Does she have to sit separately?
Any response is appreciated.

Hi,
There will be people from UCSIS who will be there to help you. I believe you can keep your child with you when you get sworn in as long as she not disrupt the proceedings. Good Luck. Hope this is helpful.