Into college thru the back door

leborland

I have been helping several students get into college. One of them is undocumented, and I just wanted to share what we were able to do for her. Perhaps there is a similar program in your state. This girl came to the US when she was 4 years old. She is still in high school and she has an excellent GPA. In our state, Washington, we have a program that allows high school students to go to junior college during their junior and senior years. The money that would cover their public high school education, pays for up to 18 credits per quarter at the junior college. If you say you are a legal resident, they want copies of your green card and your parent's green cards. If you say you are a US citizen, they don't ask for a thing, so that's what we did. We said she was a US citizen. She's getting high school credit and college credit for the same classes. Hopefully when she is ready to transfer in 2 years, the Dream Act will be passed.

claiming to be a USC

Claiming to be a USC is a very dangerous game. When and if he/she becomes eligible for AOS, previous claims of being a USC are grounds for inadmissability.

I am so sorry to hear about the things these kids need to go through to get an education. The last thing that a college student should have to worry about is "legal status". Preventing a child from gaining knowlege is the worst kind of sin.

You are Right you must say that you are a citizen regardless....i did that and eventually i have graduated college and now im going to law school...my green card has just come so im good but my sister has not been so lucky she got into college is a junior gpa 3.9 and still no status. prayer will change things as i will be trying to help her get staus

leborland said:
I have been helping several students get into college. One of them is undocumented, and I just wanted to share what we were able to do for her. Perhaps there is a similar program in your state. This girl came to the US when she was 4 years old. She is still in high school and she has an excellent GPA. In our state, Washington, we have a program that allows high school students to go to junior college during their junior and senior years. The money that would cover their public high school education, pays for up to 18 credits per quarter at the junior college. If you say you are a legal resident, they want copies of your green card and your parent's green cards. If you say you are a US citizen, they don't ask for a thing, so that's what we did. We said she was a US citizen. She's getting high school credit and college credit for the same classes. Hopefully when she is ready to transfer in 2 years, the Dream Act will be passed.

THAT IS INLEGAL.... claiming USC is a BIG offense that can affect the individual when adjusting his/her status.... if the school official know that they will restrict his/her transcripts... and they are required to report to the police.... (not mainly because immigration issues BUT for FRAUD) otherwise they will get a fine from the state.
I know all this because I work for a college....

ANOTHER thing.... although by claiming US citizenship "they" will able to pay in-state tuition, "they" will not able to get financial aid... since FAFSA verifies immigration citizenship...

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. not a good thing to do. and is possible that when DREAM passes you won't be able to benfit. now, hope that is the only hting against you. hope you aren't usinga fake social to work and getting loans and getting grants.

TheInquisitor said:
yes. not a good thing to do. and is possible that when DREAM passes you won't be able to benfit. now, hope that is the only hting against you. hope you aren't usinga fake social to work and getting loans and getting grants.

That is just the opposite of what you are telling people at www.coasonline.org. Is your brother TGI still posting over there? I also noticed a lot of posts have been deleted and member accounts closed. What's up with that? That site was sort of OK but this weekend it looked like a gathering spot for gat latinos. :confused:

i got into college

hey guys, i believe saying ur a us cit is a dangerous thing to do, it might come back to haunt u later, but im illegal and i had 2 come here cause my dad was murdered in africa, 2 days after my family got visitor visas, so tht sucked and still sucks, my uncle has applied for my mum, but itll still b like 4 years 2 get legal in this country. but i was in high school, and i finished it and i applied to 3 colleges (community-small colleges in small towns) and 2 denied me and one accepted me, and my 1st year will b fiinished in may of 2006, so i have 1 more year than im all done with community college, and then im scared tht i wount b taken into a university. :mad: , so maybe you guys should try applying to a small university or college.

ankitkiko said:
hey guys, i believe saying ur a us cit is a dangerous thing to do, it might come back to haunt u later, but im illegal and i had 2 come here cause my dad was murdered in africa, 2 days after my family got visitor visas, so tht sucked and still sucks, my uncle has applied for my mum, but itll still b like 4 years 2 get legal in this country. but i was in high school, and i finished it and i applied to 3 colleges (community-small colleges in small towns) and 2 denied me and one accepted me, and my 1st year will b fiinished in may of 2006, so i have 1 more year than im all done with community college, and then im scared tht i wount b taken into a university. :mad: , so maybe you guys should try applying to a small university or college.

Your post are full of b.s. Why someone should believe what you're saying since you lie through your teeth :eek: :eek:
You just posted that you got your oath letter...oath to what, to tell the truth before they throw you in jail :D :D :D
Apparently that member on another forum who said that is going to report you to FBI for hate messages against this country, s/he did it...

help plz

I'm 20 years old. I've been here since i was 6 months old. I went to elementary, middle and graduated hs. My grades were good. I want to go to community college but i'm illegal. But for some weird reason I got a SS#. When my sister was born my ma went and applied for her SS# and she applied for mine too(it's not fake because i'm working right now, and claim my taxes). I got it! So now I got a SS# but no residency. Is there anyway that I can get in college with just that?

TheInquisitor said:
depends on the school. depnds if you claim to be a citizen and get grants.

so i can claim to be a citizen?? and apply to get grants and financial aid? but im' scared if i get asked for proof of that. i guess i can try

DreamerMx said:
My grades were good. I want to go to community college but i'm illegal. But for some weird reason I got a SS#. When my sister was born my ma went and applied for her SS# and she applied for mine too(it's not fake because i'm working right now, and claim my taxes).
A person has to show proof of citizenship to get a social security card. It sounds like your mother committed a fraud when she applied for your SSAN.

It is against the law for you to be working in the US and claiming you are a citizen on your college application will further complicate matters.

DreamerMx said:
I'm 20 years old. I've been here since i was 6 months old. I went to elementary, middle and graduated hs. My grades were good. I want to go to community college but i'm illegal. But for some weird reason I got a SS#. When my sister was born my ma went and applied for her SS# and she applied for mine too(it's not fake because i'm working right now, and claim my taxes). I got it! So now I got a SS# but no residency. Is there anyway that I can get in college with just that?

The school may admit you, but you cannot file for FAFSA (federal aid), since DHS verifies the student immigration status of every student (even US citizens) in order to get the money.

You can go ahead and try, but making false and fraud statements are felonies... so you can expect consecuenses...

DreamerMx said:
so i can claim to be a citizen?? and apply to get grants and financial aid? but im' scared if i get asked for proof of that. i guess i can try
To get grants, you have to apply for FAFSA, and FAFSA will verify your status, and even if you have a good social security #, that doesnt mean you are elegible for grants.... Do not apply for something you are not YET entitle to. The truth always comes up... specialy if you are dealing with federal grants and immigration.

It is illegal to claim you are a US citizen for fraudulent purposes. I believe this case is different. In our state we have legislation so that a high school graduate can attend community college at the resident rate whether they are legal or not, if they can prove residency. However, there is some glitch in this running start program, which is state funded, so that undocumented students get charged non-resident fees, contrary to the law, and this makes their tuition unaffordable by the school district. When the law was written, this program was overlooked and one of the requirements was a high school diploma. Running start students are still in high school, so obviously they don't have a diploma. You have no idea how difficult it is to get this small matter changed. The intent here is not to commit fraud. The student is a resident and the school should be charged at the resident rate for her. By claiming to be a US Citizen, the issue does not come up. There is no FAFSA filed or any other fraudulent claim for financial aid. The program merely transfers the tax dollars that would pay for high school to cover the community college tuition. Students pay for their own books. There is also nothing to be traced by Immigration, so you can skip the three-foot-high red letters!

leborland said:
It is illegal to claim you are a US citizen for fraudulent purposes. I believe this case is different. In our state we have legislation so that a high school graduate can attend community college at the resident rate whether they are legal or not, if they can prove residency. However, there is some glitch in this running start program, which is state funded, so that undocumented students get charged non-resident fees, contrary to the law, and this makes their tuition unaffordable by the school district. When the law was written, this program was overlooked and one of the requirements was a high school diploma. Running start students are still in high school, so obviously they don't have a diploma. You have no idea how difficult it is to get this small matter changed. The intent here is not to commit fraud. The student is a resident and the school should be charged at the resident rate for her. By claiming to be a US Citizen, the issue does not come up. There is no FAFSA filed or any other fraudulent claim for financial aid. The program merely transfers the tax dollars that would pay for high school to cover the community college tuition. Students pay for their own books. There is also nothing to be traced by Immigration, so you can skip the three-foot-high red letters!

Lets see... First someone enters US illegally and then impersonates a USC in order to gain admission to college and pay less fees and 'YOU' Mr. leborland feel it is okay to impersonate a USC as long as the intent is not to commit fraud!??! What are you smoking? Impersonating a USC for whatever reason is a crime and is punishable by law. Illegally entering the country is against the law too. Two strikes already there and you are encouraging others to break the law? You think by doing this you are slipping under the radar? wrong. So STOP advising people to do something that is illegal!

DreamerMx said:

No you cannot. It is is a felony. If you are caught, you can kiss everything you love in the US goodbye