Interview

unluckywaiter

Registered Users (C)
I am a bit confused. The AVM says my case has been transferred to the local office in San Jose in April.

I talked to an IIO today and she told me that the case is pending for review and she does not know when the case will be approved.

Any body having the same experience please post

Thanks
Unluckywaiter

No Title

Unlucky waiter,

I called INS one month and so ago and they were not aware that my case was transferred for interview either. After pressing them some more they said that yeah the case is transferred but not for an interview.

The voice line is a joke (a bad one). Some people do seem to get useful tips out of it so it\'s up to you how you interpret the "information".

Did you read my other thread about local interviews? There are better avenues for getting information about your case in this stage of the file.

No Title

Proactive
No I haven\'t been able to read the other thread about local interviews.

Is it possible for you provide me the avenues of getting information about the stage of the file.

You help will be much appreicated

Thanks
Unluckywaiter

No Title

The following link may work:
ProActive "thread for local interview people" 8/30/01 1:23am

You may be getting your interview in November, meaning that you may get a notice in the second half of October. The most destructive part of all this process is the waiting, so I wouldn\'t raise my expectations too high if I were you.

You can find information about the representative in your area here
http://dir.yahoo.com/Government/U_S..._of_Representatives/Representatives/By_State/
or here
http://www.house.gov/writerep/
The latter is better as you only have to know your ZIP code.

The information is reposted below:
-------------------
My lawyer inquired about my case to the local INS office. The reply was that an interview will be scheduled sometime before December. There is still a long way to go however I started preparing some papers (gotta love good immigration lawyers).

Also the congresswoman office called back. They asked for my A and WAC numbers and said they would get back to me in two weeks. Incredibly nice people. "Unlucky" waiter you may want to give them a try.

My transfer date is 05/2001 (I waited 3 months before starting to do inquiries).

For non-interview people: a very small case of EB cases get transferred to local INS offices for interview. Note that all Familly Based cases get interviews.

PROACTIVE
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. BASED ON THE THE INFO I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE REPRESENTATIVE OF MY AREA TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THE STATUS OF MY CASE THROUGH THE WEB.

I HOPE THIS HELPS AND I RECEIVE ANY RESPONSE FROM THEIR OFFICE. I AM NOT INVOLVING MY LAYWERS IN THIS.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

UNLUCKYWAITER

No Title

I think that contacting the congress representative(s) is a good move.

As far as I have seen most people go with a lawyer at the interview. I will try to take somebody from that office with me if that works out in his/her schedule.

Why wouldn\'t you involve your lawyer? Depending on the reason your case has been transferred you may need some very specific legal advice.

My lawyer and I sat down and tried to guess the reason of the transfer and are preparing based on our assumptions.

Take care!