Interview

unluckywaiter

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody made any enquiries as to what is the processing date currently in progress as San Jose INS office for employment based GC interview.

I am eagerly waiting for an interview notice

You inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Unluckywaiter
EB2 RD 12/19 ND 01/10

No Title

how do u know that you will be called for interview ?
I think after you apply for I485, you wait for the approval, then once you get the approval, you go the nearest INS office for Passport Stamping.
At what stage do you have to go for interview ? and when do u get notified for it?

Can you elaborate on what I\'m missing ?

thanks

No Title

The INS may notify you that your 485 case has been transferred to the local office for interview. The AVM message will change and you will get a notification letter.

Of course all this happens before (or instead of) the approval.

Few people are in this situation.

Good luck!

No Title

Unluckywaiter, nobody on this forum seems to have any data on this topic. Note that one or two weeks ago an SJ interview case was approved with transfer notice in september.

I talked with my lawyer at length after getting my case transfer notice. He asked me to wait at least 3 months before starting to enquire about the case. He also told me that the expected time is 6 to 8 months so I will raise suspicions by being too proactive since I have my EAD and AP and my familly in the US so there is no immediate emergency.

Maybe we can draft a nice letter to a local congressman just to try fishing for some information.

To be honest I resigned myself to wait for the interview at the end of this year, beginning of next one. You have to find ways of keeping your sanity ...

Let me know what you think.

No Title

any idea on why people are called for interview ?
and how much time it takes after interview for the approval.

thanks

No Title

You can be called for interview at radom - a popular rumor says that 2% of the cases get interview for quality assurance reasons.

You will also get an interview if you have a misdemeanour charge http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=misdemeanour, if the INS believes that there is something fraudulent with your case and so on.

I read at least one post that said that VSC transfers cases to the local office to speed up processing.

Note that employment based cases are the exception, all familly based and investor based applications get interview - according to my limited understanding of these issues.

From what I have seen you can get the permanent visa stamp during or sometimes within a week of the interview. I was not able to find a single case where the employment based I485 was actually denied, however it is likely that persons in that situation would not feel like posting information on the net.

The time between the case transfer and the interview can be between 1 month (one very fortunate local office in LA) to 6-8 months typical in San Jose.

I hope this helps.