interview tomorrow & 2005 tax not filed.

Sams68

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
We will have our interview tomorrow, please wish us luck. Every thing looks OK. And we are not worried about the speeding tickets.
The only concern for us is that We didn't file the 2005 taxes yet. however, I filed for extension because my son has a surgery in the Middle of April. Do you see that as a problem? Please let me know.
Best of luck to all of us.
Sams68

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry

Just be confident..

I don't think there is any reason to worry.

In fact I am not even carrying desposition of all my tickets, the once I have I take and show them.

I have also filed an extension but that should not be a cause for any concern, just be truthful.

You aren't in a court of law being tried for a crime.. so relax.

Organize yourself well for INTERVIEW

Sams68 said:
Hello All,
We will have our interview tomorrow, please wish us luck. Every thing looks OK. And we are worry about the speeding tickets.
The only concern for us is that We didn't file the 2005 taxes yet. however, I filed for extension because my son has a surgery in the Middle of April. Do you see that as a problem? Please let me know.
Sams68

I would strongly suggest that you have a valid reason for not filing in 2005. If you didn't make enough to qualify to file, then I think you should bring such proof.

For 2006, if you filed an extension, then you should bring any proof that you did this. Also, bring all the necessary documents which the officer may require. If I were you, I will bring all my immigration papers relating to this application, and if possible, make copies of tax returns (if u have tax returns for the last 4-5 yrs), it may be a good idea to bring them, so that you can show that you are someone who participate in the civic life of the US. If filling for taxes fits this criteria... :confused:

For speeding tickets, take all court papers which shows that you paid them and have no outstanding tickets. You can normally go to your local court, and ask for the clerk there to pull your record and print a documents which shows that you paid them. If possible, go to ur local DMV for record of driving which you have build over the years. If you suspect your driving record is bad, then court report showing that you don't owe any tickets should suffice.

I can only wish you good success tommorrow with your interview. Please relax and answer your civics questions with confidence, and don't be intimidated by the officer. If you are confused with something, ask the officer for clarification rather than answer something that you don't understand. I hope that you can have your oath tommorrow...

My good thoughts are with you.... :)

Al Southner said:
I would strongly suggest that you have a valid reason for not filing in 2005. If you didn't make enough to qualify to file, then I think you should bring such proof.

For 2006, if you filed an extension, then you should bring any proof that you did this.

Don't forget that we file taxes AFTER the year. Therefore, the tax return we all filed since january was the 2005 taxes. We won't file 2006 taxes until january-april 2007.

If you have any proof that you filed the extension, then take it.

Filing extension should be ok i.e. it does not make you "at default" regarding your taxes.
Just keep the proof that you applied for extension with you.

Sams68 said:
Hello All,
We will have our interview tomorrow, please wish us luck. Every thing looks OK. And we are not worried about the speeding tickets.
Sams68
Very best of luck to you tomorrow in your interview!
Keep us updated please

sony

Scruit said:
Don't forget that we file taxes AFTER the year. Therefore, the tax return we all filed since january was the 2005 taxes. We won't file 2006 taxes until january-april 2007.

If you have any proof that you filed the extension, then take it.

Hey Scruit...

Good catch... I forgot that taxes for 05 are due in '06. :cool:

Thanx.

Once again, good luck the Sams interview....

Sams68 said:
Hello All,
Sams68

Don't worry a bit about 2005 taxes. IRS has it's own tax code, as long as you follow it you ARE compliant with the law. IRS allows you for a default extention upto 6months ( just with one form starting this year ) without ANY reason.
Take a copy of that half a page extention request ( form 3868 ), you are good.
General rule to follow, don't give any doc until it is asked for.