interview question need help !

d_1982

Registered Users (C)
hi iam going to be married soon to a girl who is overseas my question is regarding the interview when it comes to an interview what are the questions usually asked by interview officer? what he might ask her any ideas? share ur experince with me guys thnx in advance:)

It all depends on the consulate. If its in, whats considered to be a high fraud consulate (eg, Phillipinnes, sp) then your fiance can prob expect a lot more questions and more of a grilling than someone from France for example.

My experience was very straight forward (UK consulate).
I firstly got asked to sign my fiances full name on a form (the first test to make sure you know his full name and can spell it correctly).
Then I got asked the following questions.
When did you meet?
How did you meet?
Can you repeat that?
Seriously?
You really met like that? That is HILARIOUS!!
(Me and my husband met in a very unique way btw)
You are definitely planning on marrying in the United States?

Then she went on to explain the rules of the K1, Adavnced Parole, EAD and AOS . She was extremely friendly and it felt more like an informal chat (albeit with a bulletproof glass screen infront of us). I was literally done and had the visa approved in under 5 mins.

Ive read other peoples experiences from other consulates so Im just going to reel off a tonne of questions that I know have been asked in various consulates around the world.

What is your fiances middle name?
What are your fiances parents/grandparents/siblings name?
What is his mothers maiden name?
Where do his parents/grandparents/siblings live?
How many aunts/uncles/cousins does he have?
What are their names?
Where do they live?
Where does he work?
What is his works address?
What is his job?
What is the address of the job?
What is his bosses name?
What car does your fiance drive?
Where does he live?
How long has he lived there?
Whats his date of birth?
Where was he born?
How old is he?
Does he have any pets?
Does he have any ex wives?
Why did they divorce?
What does he do first thing in the morning?
How much does he earn?
What side of the bed does he sleep on?
How many times has he visited you?
How many times have you visited him?
How did you meet?
How long have you been together?
Why live in the USA and not your country?
How do you communicate while separated?
How often do you communicate?
Have you set a date for marriage?
Where are you getting married?
What kind of ceremony are you having?
How many people will be there?
Have you been to your fiances house?
Has he stayed at your house?
What work do you do?
Will you be doing that work in the USA?
How much money does he send you each month?
What do you do with the money he sends you?
Will he continue to send money to your family when you are married?
What colour is his toothbrush?
Have you met his friends?
What is his best friends name?
What elementary/middle/high school/college did your fiance go to?
What did he major in?
Did he go to more than one college?
Did he graduate?
Where did your fiance grow up?
Where was he born?
What other cities/towns has he lived in and for how long?
What other jobs has he had in his past?
What is his favourite baseball/football team?
How will he support you when you are not working?

I think you get the gist...lol.....provided you have a bonefide relationship, you know each other well, then non of these questions should stump your fiance.
Hope that helps.

My K-1 interview lasted 3 minutes. All my finacee' and I were asked was if this will be our first marriage and whether either of us has any children. That was it. This was Montreal in 2002.

hi iam going to be married soon to a girl who is overseas my question is regarding the interview when it comes to an interview what are the questions usually asked by interview officer? what he might ask her any ideas? share ur experince with me guys thnx in advance:)

Questions will vary per interview but the main theme is to determine the legitimacy of the marriage and wether or nor immigration fraud. If it's genuine, relax it will be fine.

asked in home country or in u.s?

hey elcupacabras all these questions are asked on AOS when in U.S? or asked in embassy overseas (spouse's home country) by the IO:confused:

Theyre just a compilation of different people's experiences when being interviewed in the beneficiary's home country.

I just literally compiled a list of potential questions that 'could' be asked- these werent questions that were all asked in one single interview. I personally got asked very few questions, though Ive read experiences where the beneficiary has had much more of a grilling and therefore had to answer much more questions than I did.

I found a really great book on the Stokes Interview Process :D. Its called "Secret to Beating the Stokes Interview." ( BeatTheStokesInterview.com ) It is very easy to read. I am more than half way done with it.
Will post back once i am done...

Hey elecup did you made these questions up randomly or is it something similar they'll ask... i am sure similarity might be the part of it but still wow that many questions i am surprised:eek: what if they asked 24 questions and you answered atleast 7-8 wrong is the visa rejected:mad:?

Thanks elecup:)

Anna84 i browsed that site (stokes interview questions) 400 wow that is alot alot questions i didn't know there is a book made for this also thanks for sharing anna84. whenever you finish that book share with us if you can or may be type all 400 questions or may be 100 atleast major questions tricky ones;) which will make people nervous during the interview i would love to see them and get an idea.

Thanks Anna for sharing:)

The quantity and intensity of questions depends a lot on which US consulate is conducting the interview.

Hey elecup did you made these questions up randomly or is it something similar they'll ask... i am sure similarity might be the part of it but still wow that many questions i am surprised:eek: what if they asked 24 questions and you answered atleast 7-8 wrong is the visa rejected:mad:?

what about casablance consulate (morocco) ??
my husband is US citizen and we have a baby who's 18 months .....im wondering if the questions will be hard

Hey elecup did you made these questions up randomly or is it something similar they'll ask

Please re-read my previous 2 posts where I already answered this question.....though Ill restate it what I said:

In my first post I said .....'Im just going to reel off a tonne of questions that I know have been asked in various consulates around the world'.

In my second post I said...'they are a compilation of different people's experiences when being interviewed in the beneficiary's home country'

Therefore as they are based on people's experiences, they are not made up :p

Some consulates are known for having a high number of fraudulent visa petitions, therefore it is deemed necessary to ask questions such as this in order to help determine the legitimacy of the petition. Just make sure the beneficiary is well prepared to answer tough questions.....if not many questions are asked then it should be easy for them....however, if tough questions are asked, then at least they will be prepared.