Interview/Oath done yesterday, Fairfax, VA

Marais

Registered Users (C)
It’s my time to thank everybody on this forum for providing guidance and answers to my questions all these days and to Rajiv for providing such an opportunity. Good luck to every body that are still waiting for your citizenship.

Here is my experience at Fairfax, VA USCIS office.

Interview time was 9:40 AM and arrived at 9:00 AM. Handed over interview letters for self, wife and son at reception desk and was waiting for our names to be called. I was called around 1:20 PM for the interview and I requested IO to see to schedule my oath at 2:00 at the same time as my Wife's. IO said I will try. She asked me, how are you doing? I said I am excited. She said that's good, many people say I am nervous or something and also added nothing to be nervous.

While IO was going through my file, and asked me, to show driver's license, green card and passport. IO gone through my N-400 application in front of me, and asked some questions that I marked YES or NO again to reply back. I replied YES/No appropriately per questions in N-400 application. IO pointed out my company name that I mentioned in application, Are you still with this company and I said, no.

IO added my new company I joined after I filed my application. IO finished with application and asked me "are you ready for the test? I said "yes".

IO asked the following questions.

1.Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
2.What is the political party of the President now?
3.What are the two major political parties in the United States?
4.Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
5.There were 13 original states. Name three.
6.Name one state that borders Mexico.

Asked me to read... "Where does congress meet?" told me to write "Congress meets in Washington D.C"

The questions asked my wife.

1.What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
2.Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
3.What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
4.When was the Constitution written?
5.What is the name of the President of the United States now?
6.We elect a President for how many years?

Asked to read " Who was the president during civil war" and asked to write" Lincoln was the president during civil war".

That's it. We handed over green cards. My wife took oath at 2:00 PM and I took at 4:15 PM, Collected naturalization certificates and we were out by 4:45 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

Yes.. my son's was at 10:15 , my wife's at 11:30 and mine was at 1:15 or so..

You have to report at oath place by (ONE HOUR BEFORE) 3:15 PM. They need at least 30 min to print your certificate. That means you should be completed your interview by 2:45 PM I guess.

Congrats Marais - even my interview time tomorrow is at 9.40 am along with partner. So what does it depend on - as to what time they call you ? Is it like FIFO - first in first out, irrespective of the time of interview ?

Linuxrox,
Looks to me like FIFO ...!! irrespective of what time did they give..

Good luck.