Interview Notice Timeline

mercier

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

It's getting frustrating with the interview notice wait times for most of us. Would be great if you could share your change of address issues and cases of interview notices not being received at the correct address and how have you solved it.

This is my situation every day, I wait for the postman )))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrIKOhIclo

:)))) I am in the same situation as you:)) just waiting for the postman every day and opening the mailbox praying to see a letter from USCIS!!! And every day when I open the mailbox and see a batch of shits there except my interview letter I am getting so nervous that i can hardly prevent me breaking down that f******* mailbox. It seems to me that all the asylum office are f***** closed up and there isn't anybody there working anymore. I am going to visit the office tomorrow in order to make sure that it wasn't destroyed by an asteroid or no airplane crashed on it recently. You know, before applying for asaylum here I can imagine a lot of things which can happen (approved, denied, referred to the immigration court and etc...), but I couldn't even in my worst dream see that the Postman of the USPS will become the most waited and wanted person to see for me!!!! Really I don't know what the hell is going on in the immigration offices right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
:)))) I am in the same situation as you:)) just waiting for the postman every day and opening the mailbox praying to see a letter from USCIS!!! And every day when I open the mailbox and see a batch of shits there except my interview letter I am getting so nervous that i can hardly prevent me breaking down that f******* mailbox. It seems to me that all the asylum office are f***** closed up and there isn't anybody there working anymore. I am going to visit the office tomorrow in order to make sure that it wasn't destroyed by an asteroid or no airplane crashed on it recently. You know, before applying for asaylum here I can imagine a lot of things which can happen (approved, denied, referred to the immigration court and etc...), but I couldn't even in my worst dream see that the Postman of the USPS will become the most waited and wanted person to see for me!!!! Really I don't know what the hell is going on in the immigration offices right now...
I loved your post! Haha Made me smile. Unfortunately, I too am tired of waiting. The waiting has me mentally consumed with the asylum process and what may or may not happen. I honestly just want it to be over. I think for me, the worst part is having to hold on to a story and past that I would like to let go and forget but can't as long as this is pending. This may be just me, but I'd rather wait for the decision than the interview date. At least I'd know I did everything I can and it is no longer in my hands.

Hope we all can get some good news very soon.

P.S. Anthony2013, please don't hurt your mailbox. :)

Yes it's better to wait for the decision for a while rather then for the interview. And I don't understand what happened to them. You know this kind of delays were not happening a year ago. Something broke down this year and what exactly is broken I can't understand. I know hundreds of people who went through this process in last years, but nobody waited for the interview notice more then 2-3 weeks, now people are waiting for months. I know some applicants who are already celebrating there one-year waiting time. I hope that this hell will end soon, and really I am already tired as well, I also want all this to end as soon as possible. let them even deny may case , but give me any decision, just anything. This silent is already killing me!!!

P. S. I will try, but i can't promise if I see that advertisements of the Food Marts surrounding my home instead of my interview notice once more:)) It seems to me that people live here only for eating!!! That f**** advertisement are so many that they don't even fit in my mailbox, and on each of them are pictures of foods, foods and foods!!! :)))

Yes it's better to wait for the decision for a while rather then for the interview. And I don't understand what happened to them. You know this kind of delays were not happening a year ago. Something broke down this year and what exactly is broken I can't understand. I know hundreds of people who went through this process in last years, but nobody waited for the interview notice more then 2-3 weeks, now people are waiting for months. I know some applicants who are already celebrating there one-year waiting time. I hope that this hell will end soon, and really I am already tired as well, I also want all this to end as soon as possible. let them even deny may case , but give me any decision, just anything. This silent is already killing me!!!

P. S. I will try, but i can't promise if I see that advertisements of the Food Marts surrounding my home instead of my interview notice once more:)) It seems to me that people live here only for eating!!! That f**** advertisement are so many that they don't even fit in my mailbox, and on each of them are pictures of foods, foods and foods!!! :)))
lol Not to make you paranoid, but I hope they don't remove your interview notice one day to put one of those brochures in you report! lolol Please don't get paranoid that they have done this. It's just a joke.

And I agree with you on everything. The silence and wait is bothering me. And I definitely don't want o wait a year just for an interview. Every few weeks, my attorney wants to practice a mock interview. I hate them. No, it has nothing to do with my attorney and has to do with the fact that I have to keep telling my story. It hurts and also seems to bring about other feelings that I didn't know it could bring. *sigh* Oh well.

Dear Friends

Today I went to Anaheim asylum office to check my status. As I was expecting they din't tell me anything new, the officer just told me to wait and he told that my interview will be scheduled sometimes next year. When I asked him approximately when, he told between 1st of January 2014 and 31st of December 2014. My case is pending there since July 2013. So unfortunately I don't have any good news today:(

Have to keep waiting...

Wooow. That's a big timeframe: from January 2014 to December 2014. And you applied in July 2013. What about me then? I applied in November 2012, my will be somewhere in 2020 I think?

Wooow. That's a big timeframe: from January 2014 to December 2014. And you applied in July 2013. What about me then? I applied in November 2012, my will be somewhere in 2020 I think?

I don't know my friend. Today i met a guy there, who applied in November 2012 as you, and he was given the same answer. Really i don't know what's going on there, they don't work, I don't know what they do there... I think that this system is already broken here, and i will not recommend anybody to apply for asylum here anymore... People must try to go to another country to survive, this country doesn't want to accept asylees any more... that's what i think.. maybe I am wrong, but I am so angry with them, that can't think anything else...

Asylum2012,
Don't worry, I think their computer do have some kind of "exception subroutine" that will see some applicant that had been waiting beyond 1 year to get priority, so in the end, I think you will get your interview in the next few months.
This despite the 100 days priority applicant.

by the way, had you seen this document?
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...3/Affirmative-Asylum-2013-Mar-Apr-May-Jun.pdf

if you check that document with the link above, the numbers are encouraging,
(encouraging for me personally, because I am the kind of person who try to think positive
using logic and common sense so I can find a solution even in the hardest circumstances !)
because the Anaheim office were able to conduct around 400 interview each month on average.
and remember this data is only up to June 2013 and with the more officer available (and some are in training),
they should be able to increase the number of interview now.

let me try to make this picture more clear. Assume working hour from 9am to 5pm minus 1 hour lunch.
That mean the average working hour per day there are 7 hours per day.
assume each interview last on average of 3hours (including the pause time between interview),
that mean each officer should be able to handle 2 interview per day.

Since they do not conduct interview on Wednesday and close on Saturday Sunday,
that mean each month there are about 20 working days.

so 400 interview per month mean,
400 / 20 working days = 20 interview per day.
and since 1 officer can handle 2 interview per day, that mean there are around 20interview/(2interview/officer) =
10 officer. but then again I am sure those 10 officer had an extra day off,
so there should be around 12 to 15 officer there from March to June 2013 who actively conducting interview.

Now if Anaheim Asylum officer able to increase the number of officer to just 30 officer,
they will be able to get 800 interview per month !
if they can get 50 officer, then 1,200 interview per month (or more) is easily within reach.

I just hope they do have ENOUGH ROOM to conduct that much interview,
cause 1,200 interview per month mean 1,200/20 = 60 interview per day or 30 interview were done at the same hour.
Do they have 30 interview room ? that is a question I don't know, but looking at the building there (I visit there 2 times already),
I think they could had 30 interview room, meaning some interview were conducted at the table of the officer,
and not on separate room.

now let me show you the number:
on March 2013, Anaheim office scheduled 629 interviews
and 434 interviews were actually conducted, while 44 NO SHOWS (the asylum applicant do not came),
and 55 interviews rescheduled at the request of applicant, plus 96 rescheduled at the request of USCIS

on April 2013, Anaheim office scheduled 642 interviews
and 364 interviews were actually conducted, while 66 NO SHOWS (the asylum applicant do not came),
and 98 interviews rescheduled at the request of applicant, plus 114 rescheduled at the request of USCIS

on May 2013, Anaheim office scheduled 536 interviews
and 367 interviews were actually conducted, while 66 NO SHOWS (the asylum applicant do not came),
and 80 interviews rescheduled at the request of applicant, plus 23 rescheduled at the request of USCIS

on June 2013, Anaheim office scheduled 682 interviews
and 405 interviews were actually conducted, while 73 NO SHOWS (the asylum applicant do not came),
and 64 interviews rescheduled at the request of applicant, plus 140 rescheduled at the request of USCIS

having said the above, now,
I want to show you the number of NEW Asylum applicant per month at Anaheim office:
March 2013: 629
April 2013 : 802
May 2013: 1,354
June 2013: 926

and I want to show you the number of COMPLETED Asylum applicant per month at Anaheim office:
March 2013: 631
April 2013: 676
May 2013: 645
June 2013: 496

and I also want to show you the number of PENDING Asylum applicant per month at Anaheim office:
March 2013: 6,184
April 2013: 6,362
May 2013: 7,119
June 2013: 7,608

so assume they now have around 9,000 pending applicant at Anaheim office,
and about 800 new applicant applied every month,
if they were able to conduct 1,200 interview per month,
that mean they can use the 400 interview to service the pending applicant.
which mean 9,000/400 = 22.5 months to finish all the pending applicant.

on the other hand if the world situation improved and less applicant filed,
or other applicant choose to apply at different office for faster processing time,
or some applicant at Anaheim office became impatient and decide to move their case to other office,
then the pending applicant would drop and new applicant would drop.

for example if the new applicant each month only reach 700 applicant,
that mean there are 500 interview to service the old applicant,
and if the number of pending applicant drop to just 8,000,
that mean 8,000/500 = 16 months for all the pending applicant to be interviewed !!!

and if anaheim office can conduct more than 1,200 interview by shorting the time of each interview or get more officer,
this will make it even faster.

another important thing to consider is there are many applicant who decide not to came to the interview
for whatever reason (NO SHOW)
and there are many applicant try to reschedule most likely because it is their lawyer who could not make it and want reschedule,
this will make applicant who serious and can came on the first interview date to get their chance much faster !
so remember do NOT miss your appointment, make sure your address is updated and make sure your lawyer do NOT reschedule you !

with all the number above,
we know why Anaheim office fail to scheduled interview in the timely manner,

First, because around 23% of all asylum applicant that came to USA choose to apply at Anaheim office,
this despite there are total of 8 office to choose from
(Arlington Chicago Houston Los Angeles Miami Newark New York San Francisco)
only New York office handle close to what Anaheim (Los Angeles) office handled.

Second, this past few years, we had seen the world became so much more unstable with Egypt and Syria as the main example, no wonder, more asylum applicant apply this year, hopefully the world became a better place next year so not as much people are running away from their country to save their live and their family !

Third, US Government had budget deficit and with the Republican keep trying to force cut budget,
it is hard for USCIS to ask for more employee to handle this surge of applicant,
although glad to hear that somehow Anaheim office able to increase their officer recently.
Which mean they do know the have a problem and they are working to fix this problem.
It might not be as fast as we would like, but at least they are working on it,
and while we wait, we can live safely and peacefully here.
EAD is slow too because of this, but of course since EAD do not require interview,
I am confident that in about 3 months maximum,
most EAD applicant should received their EAD card (if there are no problem with their application).

Hopefully,
my post above can INSPIRE and Bring the POSITIVE ENERGY in all of You.

even if we have to wait another 2 years before we get our interview (worst case scenario), it still better than being DEAD LAST YEAR :)

All of You had manage to cheat death by running to USA,

BE OPTIMISTIC,
THINK POSITIVE USING LOGIC and COMMON SENSE,
HANG ON,
JUST RUN a BIT LONGER,
and
HOPEFULLY ALL OF US, CAN LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER IN USA ACHIEVING OUR AMERICAN DREAM !

Last edited by a moderator:
MWDW!!!! I am impressed! And I am surprised in the same time because few days ago I made similar calculations, but I imagine that they hired not 30 but 50 officers :))) this kept me stay positive. And you are absolutely right about being alive and just wait is better then to be dead. I support you in your last big discussion regarding waiting time and USA government. I am happy to be alive here, no matter how long I will wait, i am still in better situation than other people in my country who is in danger. The only reason I want to have approval fast is to help the rest of my family. I hope we all be approved soon.
Thank you for you positive mood!