Interview Notice is LATE!

As far as I can tell, the USCIS doesn't even consider cases that it mis-handles as part of it's backlog. Last year, I believe that I got caught up in the big "backlog reduction" push (USCIS employees got bonuses based on how well they reduced the backlog by the Oct 1 end of the fiscal year).

They descheduled my early May interview because they mis-routed my file and didn't do anything about it until I got a senator's office to intervene 5 months later. I'm pretty sure that was because I wasn't part of the official "backlog".

The same has happened with my parents. PD was Feb 2007. My mom already had her interview two months ago and my dad is still waiting for his. We went to the InfoPass appointment and they told us to continue waiting... they are waiting on a FBI name check. I wonder what they checking for a 65 yr old man.

It happened the same to us as well Wosa. My gf and I applied in May 2006, received a FP in July 2006 together but then my gf got the Interview in August and got the oath in September of 2006. The whole thing was completed within 4 months while I did not receive my interview letter until a year later of May 2007. I did couple of Infopass but it never helped, they just did not know anything at all. I just got my oath in July 2007 and very pleased that I am going to deal with them anymore. Hope this will help but I think you need to be patient and wait for the outcome !!!

Usually the wife (female applicant) will get interview fast. Not 100% accurate, but based on what we see in this forum.

Well this means that it is not a "name check" but some sort of check based on the assumed "risk" to the US from that person. It is clear that gender is used for profiling. Maybe nationality, age and religeon (including aethists too!)? I am sure the ACLU would love to collect the profiles of people stuck in secuity check to file a class action suit!

Usually the wife (female applicant) will get interview fast. Not 100% accurate, but based on what we see in this forum.

Update on the Process and a question regarding a child under 18

Time to update you guys on what is going on. I have good news.

My wife has passed her interview and will be swearing in on Aug 31, her mother birthday incidentally. She is excited.

Last night I finally received my interview notice for Oct 3 so I guess I am through the dreaded name check delays. My 19 year old son has yet to hear about his interview so I guess he is still in name check. I have asked him to make an appointment and find out.

A question ???? ------ My youngest (a strapping 6'10" basketball playing kid) will still be 17 when his mother takes the oath. He turns 18 at the end of November. Will he automatically be a citizen when his mother becomes a citizen?

Time to update you guys on what is going on. I have good news.

My wife has passed her interview and will be swearing in on Aug 31, her mother birthday incidentally. She is excited.

Last night I finally received my interview notice for Oct 3 so I guess I am through the dreaded name check delays. My 19 year old son has yet to hear about his interview so I guess he is still in name check. I have asked him to make an appointment and find out.

A question ???? ------ My youngest (a strapping 6'10" basketball playing kid) will still be 17 when his mother takes the oath. He turns 18 at the end of November. Will he automatically be a citizen when his mother becomes a citizen?

Hi Wosa,
what is your priority date and where did you file?

Filed 02/22/07
FP 03/23/07
Interview Notice 08/24/07

what service centre and district office was it...and was the info regarding your case being at the DO generated in response to any particular question? thanks for sharing

ANother Update and good news

I did the test today and passed in 10 minutes, I was asked 5 simple questions and the officer stamped "Accepted" on the form. Then a wonderful thing happened, he asked if I would be available to take the oath this Friday. Of course I am! Apparently they had opening for the ceremony and so were trying to fill them. I have the appointment letter and am ready top become a citizen on Friday. It sort of makes up for the delays in name check.

Oh yes, and my 19 year old has received his appointment date.