Interview for Future Employment I 485 at Chicago Local office

gcdummy

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus, Please help me.

I have an interview scheduled on May24th at Chicago local office, for I-485. I-140 is already approved.

Mine is a future Employment case which I never worked for the sponsoring company.

The List of documents they asked us to bring are:

You must bring originals and copies of the following documents:

1. Medical Examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope
2. Affidavit of support form I-864 ( With your Tax Returns for the last 3 years, W-2s and Current Job Letter)
3. Certified court dispositions ( for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred)
4. 2 Color ADIT style photographs
5. Photo Identification
6. Your Employment Authorization card
7. Proof of legal Entry into USA (Passport and /or proof of payment of I-485 supplement A)
8. Birth Certificates
9. Marriage Certificate.

I have the following questions:

1. Current Job Letter means, should it be any specific format from my current company or can be the standard company format
2. Shall I need carry the Offer Letter from the sponsoring company also. Is there any specific format for this?
3. The Job Title in the current company is little different from the Title my sponsoring company mentioned in my Labor. Is this will be an issue
4. I had all my tax returns, still shall I need to get the Tax Transcript also
5. Lastly, any Attorney should accompany with me to attend this interview

gcdummy said:
Hello guys pls help me

I would assume all letters must be from the sponsoring company as the sponsoring company is the petitioner.

You need to get IRS transcripts, but , I think it takes atleasta month. Just try them.

Mine is also a future employment based and transferred to NYC office and never heard from them.

If I were you, I would consult a lawyer or take a lawayer along.

Hi gcdummy,
How did your interview go? I am also applied GC as a FUTURE EMPLOYMENT. Can I expect the interview same as you.

Please advice.

Hi harry007

Interview went smoothly and we got approved and stamped on the same day

I think you can also accept the same as i did but you should have the current EVL and all the W2 which the officer will see.

To my uderstanding the officer will see weather you are geniune or not and all the tax returns have been filled properly or not.

They donot bother who the sponsored is but they will see weather you are currently employed or not.Mine was changed as AC21 as my current employer gave me the EVL and the job discription and the Job title matched which was mentioned in the Labour. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gcdummy, Congrats for your Gc approval.

My case is similar to yours, future employment based I485 filed in Aug 2002, and I am waiting for interview letter from Fed Plaza New York.

Could you please tell me

How you used AC21 to stay with the current employer not the sponsorer ?

Did you produce any letter in the interview ?

Did you bring any Lawyer with you ?

I would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks