Interview experience in Columbus, OH

rsekhark

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
My employment based I-485 case was transferred fromCSC to Cincinnatti, OH on 11/16/2004. My I -485 was filed in 05/2002. I have received an interview notification scheduled on 01/21/05 in Columbus, OH. I appreciate if any one got any interview experience in Columbus, OH. Please do advice me what are the requirements ??
Thanks,

Doc. on interview letter

Can you please share the documnets required on your interview letter .

Thanks

documents required

I have been asked to bring the following documents :
passport, I-94, Medical Exam I-693, Affidavit of support I-864, letters of employment, Tax returns, Bank statements, Original Birth and marriage certificate.
How about you?? and when is your interview scheduled?? I appreciate your quick reply....

Interview

rsekhark said:
I have been asked to bring the following documents :
passport, I-94, Medical Exam I-693, Affidavit of support I-864, letters of employment, Tax returns, Bank statements, Original Birth and marriage certificate.
How about you?? and when is your interview scheduled?? I appreciate your quick reply....

Sekhar,

I guess you have completed a succesfull interview at Columbus on 20th Jan 05. Could you please share the details with us?

I am in the same boat as you. My application was transferred to Cincinnati and I am waiting for the interview call.

Thanks

i have been waiting for the interview date since last 4 months and still nothing . Mine is Houston office .

best of luck

Approved

My interview was at 8:30 and I entered into USCIS at 8:20. The officer called my name exactly at 8:30 am, and took me inside then asked me to take oath.
All he asked me was my full name, address and copy of my marriage certificate, employment letter(AC21, never notified USCIS about job change), then questions like Are you ever got arrested?? etc. from our I-485 application. Then he got a visa#, took finger print and signature on form, stamped my passport.It was very simple and I came out in just 15min.The officer was very cool and good.

Congratulations

Hearty Congratulations on your success. Celebrate and enjoy your freedom. :)

Btw. Has he asked for any documents and verified them?

Thanks

Thank you

Thank you very much.
The officer didn't ask for any other documents like tax returns, medicals, W-2s, pay stubs etc. He took all my APs and latest EAD.I carried lot of documetation thinking that they may ask. But it's always better to take as much documentation as possible, because we never know what they ask for.

congratulations

1) Do you live in Columbus now?
2) How did you take your I-693? Did you take a copy of the old I-693 that you got done at the time of filing I-485 or did you get a new medical and took it in a sealed envelope?
3) How long did it take from Date of transfer to date of interview? The reason I ask is I used to live in Columbus 6 months ago and now I moved to MA and my I-485 is transferred to Cincinnati on 12/31/04.

I haven't heard from them. I would rather have my interview in Ohio than in Boston as it takes 1 year to schedule an interview and the stamping is done several weeks after the interview (visa # not available).

Please answer the wuestions. Thanks a lot.

Yes, I live in Columbus.
I did my medicals again and took the sealed envolope with me to the interview. When I called national customer service about this, they said "medicals are valid only for 1 year, if it is metioned in your interview letter then you need to get it done again". That's the reason I took new I-693 with me. But the officer never asked for it and I felt waste of money.
My case was transferred to cin. on 11/16/04 and got interview scheduled on 01/21/05.