Interview experience for those who did not work for sponsor after GC

del0175

Registered Users (C)
I have done a lot of research in many forums on people who did not work for their sponsor after their GC arrived, either because they were able to use AC21 to port to another employer or were laid off and found another work.

I want to find out how many of you have become citizens. How was your interview? Was this an issue during the interview? Do questions related to employment history pop up during the interview?

I want to find out how many of you have become citizens

I fell into that category. I was laid off 3 months after becoming a PR. I carried a letter from that company to that effect. However, this subject never came up at the interview. I don't believe it has ever been a problem for anybody.

I have done a lot of research in many forums on people who did not work for their sponsor after their GC arrived, either because they were able to use AC21 to port to another employer or were laid off and found another work.
Those who found another "same or similar" job should have no problem, as they are explicitly covered under AC21. But those who did not work a single day after the GC for the original sponsor nor in a "same or similar" job with another employer could run into problems if the naturalization interviewer decides to dig into that aspect. They would not have any basis with which to defend themselves.