Interview citizenship

Mylee

My aunty have interview on Jan 23rd . She have Alzheimer's and head mental . She go to with her translator . When they call her in , her translator was show her from N684 with reason why she can't speak English . But the officer don't let him in without reason , she in his room 2 hours and fail her test with no speak English . I'm so confuse and don't know why for my Aunty test . Can I complaint about that ?

My aunty have interview on Jan 23rd . She have Alzheimer's and head mental . She go to with her translator . When they call her in , her translator was show her from N684 with reason why she can't speak English . But the officer don't let him in without reason , she in his room 2 hours and fail her test with no speak English . I'm so confuse and don't know why for my Aunty test . Can I complaint about that ?
Nothing to complain about..

Your aunt needs to take English classes if she wishes to become a citizen of the U.S It's a requirement to be able to speak and understand English. Or
  • Age 50 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident (green card holder) in the United States for 20 years (commonly referred to as the “50/20” exception).
    OR
  • Age 55 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident in the United States for 15 years (commonly referred to as the “55/15” exception).
I copied that from the USCIS website if that applies to your aunt. File for an Exemption.
Here is the link.

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/exceptions-accomm

Last edited:
There is an exemption available via form N684 but it needs to be done properly. Was it filled in by a doctor with a detailed explanation as per the USCIS requirements? It’s not enough to just state a diagnosis and sign it even if that’s done by a doctor. So that’s the first question.