Interview and Lawsuit

waiting_long

Registered Users (C)
I received notice from Memphis local office to attend for an interview for Adjustment of status for the Employment Based Futuristic Green card processing .One of the document they are asking is , “original or certified court dispositions for any and all arrests you have had “.This is a standard format and it is common for everybody.

I was involved in a car accident and that was my fault,but that was not a major accident and I have not received any ticket or arrested .To take and advantage of this, that person has filed law suit against me, claiming injury as an act of negligence.At present the civil law suit is going on and it is still in trail phase.

In this scenario, how I need to answer the above question.

Please post your experiences or suggestions.

What is your "above question"? If you don't have any arrest record then you don't need to fill-up anything (or just write "none").
You don't need to comment on any ongoing civil case, until you are convicted/aquitted.

My question was,since my law suit is still going on ,do I need to submit
the documents about the law suit at the time of interview?

and my second question is , in the required documents they have not asked
to bring the original passport for the interview,so can I go without passport?
Because I sent my passport for the Visa Stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in same situation ( Involved in accident and law suit filed ).
Your insurance company is ur defendent and you have nothing to do with a civil lawsuit. Also u will never get arrested for that.

I had my interview at ATL office while my case was on and I got approved
the same day.

Good Luck!