Intersted in EB5 visa, need advice

punjabi007

Registered Users (C)
I am an IT professional living in US for 10 years. Currentley at AOS with EB3 priority Dec 2003. I know no hope for GC. Now I am exploring other option. I am ready to invest money if I get some concrete option with company or project where I'll assure is NOT fraud. After all these painful years last thing I want to NOT get GC and loose my money. How do I find reliable company or project to pursue EB5.

2nd my spouce is a Dentist and own her Clinic for last three years with three US citizen employees. Can we process GC thru her ?

Any advice would be highly appricitated.

Any EB5 idea needs investment in a venture: that means, there is always a risk of losing a part or whole of the money. To my knowledge, there is no restriction in the kind of business. Hence you could invest $1Mio ($500K if the clinic is located in an area that has high unemployment - defined as one where the unemployment rate is at least 50% more than the State average) in your wife's clinic so long as it can generate at least 10 employment slots. Then, there are Regional Centers approved by USCIS. These collect monies from EB5 candidates and manage a business, usually in a high unemployment area. Some of these are in Washington, California, Pennsylvania, DC, Vermont etc.

My advice would be first to read extensively on the internet about EB5, Regional Centers etc. Thereafter, talk to an Attorney who has significant experience in EB5 cases. Best of luck.

Eb5 Investing

I work with the EB5 program in Wilmington, North Carolina. There is definitely a lot to learn about the program, and a lot of gray areas too. The targeted employment area that the writer above speaks of is one of these areas. Basically a third party law firm studies the unemployment numbers from the area for a year before the time of the project and compares it to the national average. If it is high enough, then the area in question is considered a targeted employment area. The actual stipulations for a targeted employment area are as follows:

1. rural areas, defined as any area other than one within a metropolitan statistical area or within the boundary of a city or town with a population of 20,000 or more; and
2. areas having an unemployment rate that is at least 150% of the national average.

Unfortunately if your area does not qualify, then you will need a minimum of $1 million for investments (and the creation of a minimum of 10 jobs for 2 years)

Hope this helps,
Matt
USAInvestco.com