International Recruiting Firm Expanding - Looking for input from Pharmacists

intlrecruiter

Greetings,

CTS International has been a global leader in recruiting highly skilled personnel for more than 25 years. We are in the process of expanding and diversifying into new areas where we can leverage our expertise in international recruiting and immigration processing. One area that we have identified for growth is recruiting Pharmacists globally for placement in the US.

While we are highly experience in recruiting other skills sets internationally, this is a new area for us. I would like some input from individuals who have been through the licensing and immigration process or people who would like to do so.

In particular, we are trying to better understand if people around the world take it upon themselves to pursue the FPGEC or if they rely on support and sponsorship from a future, prospective employer. We are trying to better understand if there is a readily available pool of talent that have their FPGEC, but no employer; or if people wait to pursue the certification until they have identified an employer.

Ultimately, we want to ensure we structure our business model to ensure world-class service and support to both our client companies and the individuals we would be recruiting. This input from the forum will greatly assist us in doing so.

Best Regards!

I realise this post is from May, so didn't know if you had found out what you needed from your research. If not, here's my 2 cents.

I'm not sure if you intend to employ the pharmacists yourselves or get them for other businesses. The situation is different depending on whether you're going to be a recruiter or employer. As an employer be prepared to probably not make anything out of those pharmacists for at least a year. During that time most states require the pharmacists go thru an internship and they won't pay high dollar for interns. That's assuming the pharmacist already has their FPEC certification already. I would not deal with someone who doesn't have at least an FPGEC certificate, there's enough people inside and outside the US who already have that step done already. If you're just recruiting for other companies then you might have a hard time selling the pharmacists on to someone else. Like I said there are enough pharmaists in and outside of the US looking for jobs here that most companies don't really have a problem getting their own. That's just my view of the pharmacist market in the US.

I am a foreign pharmacist and received FPGEC. The process of getting FPGEC is not that simple. A candiadate have to struggle a lot without any support and sponsorship. Even after getyting a visa, its not easy to get H1B sp[onsorship. I myself looking to gety H1B sincle July 2009 and no luck yet.