Interim EAD

arora_ajay

Hi,

My current EAD expires in couple of days. The receipt date for my EAD renewal is Mar 25th and I havent received anything from USCIS yet.
Questions:

1. When they say you have to wait 90days before you can apply for interim EAD, does it mean 90 business days or calendar days?

2. Is applying for interim EAD a "HAVE TO", while you previous one is expiring and the renewal has not been approved, or is it just nice to have?

3. Do I need to pay for Interim EAD again? I already paid for renewal, does it take care of it?

Thanks
Ajay

arora_ajay said:
Hi,

My current EAD expires in couple of days. The receipt date for my EAD renewal is Mar 25th and I havent received anything from USCIS yet.
Questions:

1. When they say you have to wait 90days before you can apply for interim EAD, does it mean 90 business days or calendar days?

2. Is applying for interim EAD a "HAVE TO", while you previous one is expiring and the renewal has not been approved, or is it just nice to have?

3. Do I need to pay for Interim EAD again? I already paid for renewal, does it take care of it?

Thanks
Ajay
1. 90 calendar days. U could have gone roughly after 25 June
2. As far as I know, U have to have it. Its not like H1 that only applied for extension is fine.
3. Pay again

You need not pay any Ins fees. I got my IEAd without paying any fees.

RD 24-May-2002
ND 29-May-2002
3rd IEAD AD on 06-Jun-2004