Interim EAD at San Antonio

tx_beginner

Registered Users (C)
Did any body go for an Interim EAD at San Antonio.

I would like to know what is the kind of wait time and whether they issue it on the same day. I understood from couple of sources that the form needs to be sent by mail and wait for them to give an appointment and then go there to collect IEAD.

I live in Austin Tx. I had spent one whole day at Houston INS and learned that Austin falls under the juristriction of San Antonio.

I am planning to go on monday. I would like to know if any body had gone there and what was their experience.

Thanks in advance.

Tx_beginner

Last edited by a moderator:
Tx beginner:

Can you post your experience at San Antonio w.r.t your interim EAD?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Hi bags3,

We went on a monday morning and reached there around 6:00AM. We were may be in the first 20 or 25. There were no real good crowd till 6:45 or so behind us. People started coming rapidly after 6:45. The office opens at 8:00AM. You can carry a filled in form of I765, In the first counter they check the filing receipt of I765 and verify it for more than 90 days. I also carried copies of I 485 receipt and I 140 approval etc. They issue a token, my number was called before 09:00AM. Immigration officer checked the documents, asked for an ID (Driver's lic) and asked me to tell my house address etc.. after that she told me to come around 2:00PM on the same day. we were back by around 1:30. They called us around 2:30PM photographed and IEAD was issued for 3 months. we were out by 3:00PM

With out knowingly I had made one houston trip before the above visit.

I was not sure why it was issued for only 3 months. I am hopeful my original EAD comes by that time. (May be one of the reason for 3 months, my guess is, my 765 notice date was more than 120 days).

Any how let me know your experience and for how many months they have issued.

All the best. post your experience also

Thanks.

Tx begineer,

Would you happen to know how the crowd would be on a Sat. It looks like the SA ASC is open on Sat. too.

Thanks for any info.

where should i apply for interim ead?

my current ead expires first week of may 2003. I applied at tsc for a renewal of my ead in end of january 2003 (my third ead). I am guessing, tsc will not process my ead renewal in time, so i may need to apply for an in person interim ead.

the question is where?
I used to live in dallas, tx until i completed 180 days on 485, then i moved to alabama. so should i apply at local ins in birmingham AL or regional ins in atlanta or tsc itself?

thx.

do we need to get interim EAD?

Is it necessary to get interim ead, if we dont receive our ead intime and is going to expire the existing EAD. what r the options???????