Interim AP

c610

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Just came back from my lawyers office after applying for 3rd AP. She told me that USCIS has introduced interim AP just like interim EAD. So one has to wait for 90 days before applying for interim AP at local office.

This may help a few folks who need to travel (on no emergencies).

Cheers.

Where can I find this release?

Would you please let us know source?

Kark.
i485) wac02-122-
i131) wac03-244-
i765) msc03-800-

I was told about this verbally when I went there today afternoon. I am sure it will get published soon.

cheers.

I just called my lawyer (coz I read this thread) and they said that they also heard the rumor and called the local offices and they confirmed that there is no such this as iAP atleat for SF and SJ offices.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hmmmmm no published source? I hope this news is true. I was under the impression eAP was the way to go, but if iAP is the coming tomorrow, it is probably a good thing, since we won't have to prove hardship and instead only have to be smart about applying for renewal AP 90 days prior to the expiry of current AP.

It seems to be a rumor only.

I talked with my attorney about i-AP, and I was told that they talked with San Jose and SF office, there is no good policy change. One still needs to prove the medical emergency in order to get emergency AP. They used to take business emergency, but they are more reluctant to accept that now.

Besides, the linked attorney site about i-AP has taken off the message, probably they realize it is only another rumor.

no 90 day policy for Advance Paroles

Reply from my attorney:

It is true that there were several emails sent out last week to immigration attorneys on this topic, but then they were taken back on December 12. As of now, there is no 90 day policy for Advance Paroles. They will only consider very emergency-type situations.

What is this discussion about? There has always been an interim AP. Have you not seen AP receipt. It says that you can go to local office to get interim AP after 90 days have passed.

I have seen mine and it does not say anywhere that you can go to local office.

Is anyone of us a client of Cooley Godward who posted that "news" on their site? If yes, can you please talk to them and share your experience here?

Thanks

I understand that iAP has always existed but that can be requested by personal and critical health conditions (i.e. a relative dying...).
But what about business requests? Is a iAP related to business? I read in this thread that there is one. But how much has to be the deal to close? 1K$, 100K$, 1M$...
You see it depends on the company you are working...that does not make any sense to me.

I only know that I am losing my job as I am not able to travel for the next 6 months...thanks BCIS

:(