interesting question

shyamku

Registered Users (C)
experts help

got initial assesment and medical on oct 2002
ask me to wait 6 months for medical(May 2003 i have to do medical)
here i got AP and EAD; 485 probably will take another 12 months
questions
1.i don't want to do the medical(since it is valid for 1 year; i have no option but i have to land before its expiry; otherwise i will loose my canadian PR;
if i chose to land and comeback to US using my AP- it's a kind of risk idon't want to take;also i have to spend $500 for my medical

in this situation

can i transfer my file to india
so that i can keep my canadian PR alive for another 2 years.(to be safer side)
i can save my medical money($500)
i will get my US GC by that time

i already paid my landing fee(if i tranfer my file to india - after getting my US GC is it posiible for me to close my file and collect my landing fee

can i take another 4 or 5 months to do the medical

please post your respose
it will be really useful to many(who caught between US and Canadian PR)
your guidence will be greatly appreciated

thanks for yuor guidence

Originally posted by velan1
experts help

got initial assesment and medical on oct 2002
questions
(Why do you want to continue your Canadian PR Process)

1.i don't want to do the medical(since it is valid for 1 year; i have no option but i have to land before its expiry; otherwise i will loose my canadian PR;
(Yes, your medicals will be valid till May 2004)
if i chose to land and comeback to US using my AP- it's a kind of risk idon't want to take;
(Yes, there are risks involved)

also i have to spend $500 for my medical
(Which physician is charging $500 for Canadian Medical? If I were you I would call a few and ask them the fees)

in this situation
can i transfer my file to india
(Yes, I don't see nay problems. But you better have a good reason to transfer your file)

so that i can keep my canadian PR alive for another 2 years.(to be safer side)
i can save my medical money($500)

i already paid my landing fee(if i tranfer my file to india - after getting my US GC is it posiible for me to close my file and collect my landing fee can i take another 4 or 5 months to do the medical
(You can get your landing fees back if you close your file now Landing fee will not be refunded once PR papers are issued)

please post your respose it will be really useful to many(who caught between US and Canadian PR)
your guidence will be greatly appreciated

thanks for yuor guidence

got initial assessment and medical on oct 2002
questions
1.i don't want to do the medical(since it is valid for 1 year; i have no option but i have to land before its expiry; otherwise i will loose my Canadian PR;
-------- IF you do not go for Medicals they will send you a remainder to submit your medicals before particular date, if you do not submit they may close your file

if i chose to land and comeback to US using my AP- it's a kind of risk don’t want to take; also i have to spend $500 for my medical in this situation
--- Then don’t take the risk and spend $500

can i transfer my file to India
so that i can keep my Canadian PR alive for another 2 years.(to be safer side)
------------ You can get your file transferred to India but according to new law it is up to CIC if they will transfer your file
i can save my medical money ($500)
--------- When you can get US GC by then why you are after Canada PR? One can not maintain PR of both Canada and US
i already paid my landing fee (if i transfer my file to India - after getting my US GC is it posiible for me to close my file and collect my landing fee
-------- It is possible to collect your Landing Fees now or before Landing in Canada, even if they approve your PR and you receive your Landing papers you can return your Landing papers to CIC before expiry of the LP and ask for the refund of ROLF (Landing fees)
can i take another 4 or 5 months to do the medical
---- You can and wait for the reminder from CIC
please post your response
it will be really useful to many(who caught between US and Canadian PR)
your guidance will be greatly appreciated
-------- There are not MANY who are caught between US GC and Canada PR, if your I-485 is pending more than 180 days you will get your US GC because of AC21 portability, you can join any employer by H1 transfer or with EAD, only condition is that your job should have same or similar, read the other thread “ I-485 Portability) you will find the info. If I am in your condition I will leave this Canada PR headache once my I-485 is pending more than 180 days, Canada has no IT jobs, why are you after Canada PR?