INS Director on Illegal Aliens

sundar99

Registered Users (C)
On CNN, the former director of INS clearly acknowledged that they cannot do much abt the illegal aliens. As they have very little resouces to implement. When the CNN reported asked him, why they cannot arrest, his answer was vague, he said they cannot arrest them !!

I see the legals getting a big push due to the illegal folks protesting. Atleast, the Govt will have a incentive to clean up the legal que , before filling up the temp workers programs. Legal immigrants would not have been able to group themselves to this extent and ask for consideration from the govt to improve the system.

In my view, EB1 and EB2 shud be current very soon based on the approval rates. Also PERM approval rate for Eb2 is less than 50 % in general, so I do not see so much queing here...

If the CIR passes, and quota limits removed I can say, EB3 folks will also move up by big numbers.

There is also talk of Sentaor Coryn's bill on SKILL, and so on.. so there is a lot off hope left still.

Source Please!!

sundar99 said:
On CNN, the former director of INS clearly acknowledged that they cannot do much abt the illegal aliens. As they have very little resouces to implement. When the CNN reported asked him, why they cannot arrest, his answer was vague, he said they cannot arrest them !!

I see the legals getting a big push due to the illegal folks protesting. Atleast, the Govt will have a incentive to clean up the legal que , before filling up the temp workers programs. Legal immigrants would not have been able to group themselves to this extent and ask for consideration from the govt to improve the system.

In my view, EB1 and EB2 shud be current very soon based on the approval rates. Also PERM approval rate for Eb2 is less than 50 % in general, so I do not see so much queing here...

If the CIR passes, and quota limits removed I can say, EB3 folks will also move up by big numbers.

There is also talk of Sentaor Coryn's bill on SKILL, and so on.. so there is a lot off hope left still.

Please let us know the source!!

Thanks..

What does it make you assume that the legal queue applications would be cleared prior to start processing millions of employment applications to illegal aliens, provide this insane bill is passed ?

Obviously the job of arresting 11-20+ million illegal aliens is not easy. It is not feasible either. If the government is wiling, just enforce common laws and 30% would deport themselves, according to Numbesusa.com estimates. The rest would be reduced by attrition. It is very simple actually.

sundar99 said:

CNN - Today !

Guys,

I saw on CNN this morning a short interview with the former INS director.

This evening for several hours CNN is going to show different perspectives of the immigration issues, and some legal immigrant also spoke. Watch it live on CNN.

(2) - I do agree with you all logic does not have a place for the Govt, so there is also the other possibility of the que getting jammed because of the GOVT. After all, govt stands to gain in every way by keeping the pot boiling and not doing anything, at the sametime taking advantage of the helplessness of the Legal and Illegal immigrants.

SUGGESTION : Why dont u call on 1-800 number - CNN tonight and air your views and thoughts and how the illegal aliens have brought the system to a grinding halt !.

A Day Without Immigrants - CNN Coverage !

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/01/immigrant.day/index.html

4:00 ET
p.m. 1:00 PT
p.m. The Situation Room: Day without immigrants. We're covering the walkouts from coast to coast. Will they backfire?

6:00 p.m ET . 3:00 (PT)
p.m. Lou Dobbs Tonight: Thousands of immigrants walk off the job and demand amnesty. What it all means to you and your job.

7:00 (ET) p.m. 4:00 (PT)
p.m. The Situation Room: It's been three years since President Bush declared major combat operations were over in Iraq. So do Americans think it's "mission accomplished?"

8:00 (ET) p.m. 5:00 (PT)
p.m. Paula Zahn NOW: Brutality as entertainment? Why pranksters are getting away with going around slapping innocent people.

9:00 (ET) p.m. 6:00 (PT)
p.m. Larry King Live: The immigration debate heats up with protests and boycotts across the country. Lou Dobbs joins Larry to discuss the issue dividing America.

10:00 (ET) p.m. 7:00 (PT)
p.m. Anderson Cooper 360° : No work, school or shopping. Immigrants are set to take part in protests nationwide. We're live on the border.

Useless agency run by morons ..

sundar99 said:

sundar99,

I really don't care what this director of USCIS has to say. He is incharge of a useless agency and his replies just prove that they have no control over any immigration issue. They are just sitting there implementing one stupid rule after another without thought and reason. I stopped listening to this lip service a long time ago.

saras

Agree - We still can do this !

I mean we can call the 1-800 and narrate the issues faced by EB folks right ? it is broadcast live on CNN...

The whole point is not what the director said, it is all about immigration on CNN

Former Director ???

I don't know how much authority a 'FORMER INS DIRECTORY' can have. Afterall, INS doesn't exist anymore. Reading his comment on the EB category is like pulling teeth. If he has insight into the EB retrogression problem after step down from the directory position, then the current directory must be doing nothing and just fooling around. Most of his comments were like our Visa number prediction without concrete prove and merely pure speculation. He is making assumption on a system that was based on assumption. Isn't that how they come up with the Visa bulletin? Sorry for being sacasm, it hurts when people make others suffer and come up with lie to comfort you.

sundar99 said:

sundar99,

from where did you get the facts about the PERM approval rate for EB2 is 50%?

sundar99 said: