Infopass Issues in Washington DC

vaalpayyan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have been trying to get a Infopass appointment for my wife for the past 3 weeks at the Wash DC center(Fairfax VA office). It keeps throwing up the sme message that No appointments are available. I have called the NSC several times. They said they cannot help me. Any alternatives to this problem? CAn I go to Baltimore? Any pointers on when to try for an appointment? I had no problems when I went for my Stamping in Jan. I got the appointment and everything went smoothly. I hear that is not the case now. People with recent infopass adventures, please share some info and throw some light.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I also couldn't get the infopass appt at Fairfax, VA....still trying

vaalpayyan said:
Hi All,
I have been trying to get a Infopass appointment for my wife for the past 3 weeks at the Wash DC center(Fairfax VA office). It keeps throwing up the sme message that No appointments are available. I have called the NSC several times. They said they cannot help me. Any alternatives to this problem? CAn I go to Baltimore? Any pointers on when to try for an appointment? I had no problems when I went for my Stamping in Jan. I got the appointment and everything went smoothly. I hear that is not the case now. People with recent infopass adventures, please share some info and throw some light.

Thanks

vaalpayyan,

I am also in the same boat. I am trying to get a infopass for Wash DC Fairfax Office for the past 2 weeks...and couldn't get one. No idea when it opens up. I did try 'walk-in' but was refused without a infopass appt. I did see that they check your Driver's License to see if you belong to that state/jurisdiction or not. I shall continue to try to see if I succeed in getting a infopass appt.

After all the years waiting for this GC approval, now this is one more tiring process.

Keep me posted...if you succeed with your appt.

What did they tell you when you walked in? Did you tell them you have tried it a lot? did they give you any alternatives?

I got a "Speak with immigration officer" appt

I was unable to get a 797 approval appt but got a "Speak with immigration official" appt for later this month. I do not know if they will accept that instead of a stamping appt.

I don't think you have a chance in Baltimore . They won't accept your request. Just don't waste your time there.

vaalpayyan said:
Hi All,

Thanks

vaalpayyan said:
What did they tell you when you walked in? Did you tell them you have tried it a lot? did they give you any alternatives?

When I walked in they had 2 queues: one with appts and one without. I stood in the queue of 'No appts'. After the security checks etc, I went to meet the actual staff. When I told them that I have been trying for more than a week and still couldn't get a infopass appt, I tried to do a walk-in. They said...I can only get my passport stamped with a infopass appt. They told me that these appts open up once in two weeks and they get filled soon...asked to try early in the mornings like 5 AM or so...since then I am trying...but with no luck. Pretty much everybody in that 'No appt' queue were sent back citing the same reason...

I felt that there was no point in even having that 'No appt' queue...

Anyway, thats my experience and I am still trying to get a appt.

Thanks for your info. This is really getting frustrating. I would not mind even if they give me an appointment after 25 or 30 days. this 2 weeks thing is very restrictive and painful. I am planning on sending an email to the local congressman to look into the matter. They should atleast let the people in with approvals that were mailed 2 or 3 weeks back without appointments.

Finalled stamped...in Norfolk

Today, we got our passport stamped at Norfolk, VA. I was trying for a infopass appt in Washington Office in Fairfax for more than 3 weeks. Never got one.

So yesterday decided to check if Norfolk has has any open appts...luckily they had couple of them open. Booked two appointments for 12.30 and 1.00 PM. Reached there by 12.15 PM. The security guards were looking for 2 appointments if there were more than one person (even if you are husband and wife...you still need 2 appointments in Norfolk). They also checked our driver's licenses to see if we were from VA.

Once we were in...it was just couple of minutes waiting. We both were done in less then 10 minutes. No questions asked...took back the original approval notice, EADs, APs and I-94. Thats it. USCIS staff who stamped our passport mentioned that we should be getting our plastic cards in mail in the next 6 months (Does it really take this long?? I will have to wait and see).

Guys, if you are from VA and not getting a infopass appt at Washington Office in Fairfax, I personally think it is worth going to Norfolk and getting your passport stamped (if you don't want to keep trying and trying day and night to get a infopass in DC office). The staff at Norfolk are very friendly and I am sure you will have a pleasant experience. The drive is not bad at all. You are in the reverse traffic.

With this, our GC journey is completed...which commenced couple of years ago.

Good Luck to all waiting for your approvals. Your day is not far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same too......

I did the same too. sorry for not posting my experience in this thread. I did it another thread. I did it on MAy 25. Same smooth experience. SO for all the guys waiting for an appt in Wash DC. Please get one in Norfolk and be done with it. Good Luck.

HI..after trying in fairfax,,i gave up got the appointment in Norfolk for June10th...hope its a smooth ride...thanks

Also can we try to make another appoitment at fairfax when you have a scheduled appoitmnet in Norfolk..that way if this goes thru somehow i can cancel the Noefolk appointment,,?? anybody tried this??
thanks

rock1 said:
Also can we try to make another appoitment at fairfax when you have a scheduled appoitmnet in Norfolk..that way if this goes thru somehow i can cancel the Noefolk appointment,,?? anybody tried this??
thanks

No harm trying. Its definitely worth a shot. If you get one in Fairfax, you can avoid the drive to Norfolk.