INFOPASS IO more powerful than TSC IIO

maxwellhouse

Registered Users (C)
I had an infopass2 days ago and the IO there was quite rude but told me that my case has been assigned to an officer on Sep28th. I had RFE and had replied and USCIS received my RFE on Sep29 I had LUDs on my 485 on 9/29, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2 and nothing after that. I am eb3-India, PD 6/2005 and 485 RD 8/2004, NC Cleared 10/2004.

I talked to TSC IO and told her my EAD is expiring this OCtober and that I am confused whether or not to renew my EAD because this is my 4th EAD and also that INFOPASS IO told me that my case is assigned to an officer and my 485 RD is 2004 and PD is 2004 and USCIS had received my RFE and said you will get a written decision in 60 days. She said she cant see all the details and also she cannot confirm if my case has been assigned to an officer or not. She openly said that she doesnt have access to all the information, she said she doesnt have access to the physical file and she cannot see details like case assigned to officer or not and if visa# is assigned to case or not?
and she went on to say "I would advise you to apply for your 4th EAD as visa# availability is unpredictable, and that RFE doesnt mean you will get it, so she said you might get it in a month of years"

Bottomline, TSC Immigration Information Officer over phone is less powerful and has less ability than INFOPASS IOs who are superior in terms of their ability to access our information even online although both dont have exact minute details on a case as they dont have access to the physical file itself.

I had an infopass2 days ago and the IO there was quite rude but told me that my case has been assigned to an officer on Sep28th. I had RFE and had replied and USCIS received my RFE on Sep29 I had LUDs on my 485 on 9/29, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2 and nothing after that. I am eb3-India, PD 6/2005 and 485 RD 8/2004, NC Cleared 10/2004.

I talked to TSC IO and told her my EAD is expiring this OCtober and that I am confused whether or not to renew my EAD because this is my 4th EAD and also that INFOPASS IO told me that my case is assigned to an officer and my 485 RD is 2004 and PD is 2004 and USCIS had received my RFE and said you will get a written decision in 60 days. She said she cant see all the details and also she cannot confirm if my case has been assigned to an officer or not. She openly said that she doesnt have access to all the information, she said she doesnt have access to the physical file and she cannot see details like case assigned to officer or not and if visa# is assigned to case or not?
and she went on to say "I would advise you to apply for your 4th EAD as visa# availability is unpredictable, and that RFE doesnt mean you will get it, so she said you might get it in a month of years"

Bottomline, TSC Immigration Information Officer over phone is less powerful and has less ability than INFOPASS IOs who are superior in terms of their ability to access our information even online although both dont have exact minute details on a case as they dont have access to the physical file itself.

How did you get hold of TSC IO?

Thanks

Simple:

Call 1-800 customer service number

Then press these options in the same sequence as below.

1, 2, 2, 6, 1, enter receipt#, 1, 3, 4

This will put you to TSC IO. Initially after you press the last option 4 it will say cust service but then after a minute or so automated system will say "You have reached the Texas Service Center and all Immigration officers are busy please wait" Wait times usually are 20 to 40 minutes so have patience.

Good Luck.

How did you get hold of TSC IO?

Thanks

I replied you in the other post also but here it is again.

Dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then wait patiently to hear all the info then 1-3-4 you can talk with immigration officer directly

Good Luck!!!

i would suggest better renew your EAD&AP if expiring in next 3 month; even your case is with officer does not mean you will receive approval.....good luck!!

Thanks for information - I just tried and when I put my case # it says number is not correct! I am 100% sure I am pressing it right - tried 3 times.

Tray again, maybe your doing it form your cell and messing the letters for numbers, for case# put in eac, src, lin etc the exact matching numbers and then the number itself.

Talked to TSC

Thanks jay2007 for the information on calling TSC. After 45 minutes of long wait on the phone I got hold of a lady and she said the officer working on my case sent an RFE for my 131 to my Attorney's office; she was not sure what it is for but she said it could be for picture. Wired thing is on www.uscis.gov web site I do not see any information on RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would suggest better renew your EAD&AP if expiring in next 3 month; even your case is with officer does not mean you will receive approval.....good luck!!
Hi:
I have a quick question pertaining to getting an Infopass appointment. What are the documents that we need to take? I guess passport is one. But, regards to the receipt notice of I485 petition, do we need the original or a photocopy would suffice, as my original is with my attorney.

Thanks and I would appreciate your take in this matter.

Raj

Original is better but photocopy should be fine, they will find your records and check against your photo ID. I think last time they only checked my driver's license, but bringing passport certainly wouldn't hurt.

Original is better but photocopy should be fine, they will find your records and check against your photo ID. I think last time they only checked my driver's license, but bringing passport certainly wouldn't hurt.
Thanks for the information. I notice that your NC was cleared on 5/2007 and 485 AD was 8/2007. In my case, I received a letter from FBI indicating that mine was completed on 10.2007. Till now there is no LUD on my case. Mine visa is current and also processing dates are outside the normal processing window. Do we need to do anything, as per your experience to adjudicate the 485?

Thanks.

There was no LUD either in my case, until about 2.5 months after NC clearance and a week before AD. So don't worry about the LUDs - they are kind of random.

NC is the biggest hurdle, since you already cleared that, your GC will be just around the corner. Before visa number and/or processing dates move back, however, I'd suggest you 1. make an official inquiry, 2. Make an infopass to ensure USCIS received NC result, and 3. Call SC occasionally to check on status (based on what they say when they reply to your inquiry). Here is a page on how to contact USCIS. Good luck.

There was no LUD either in my case, until about 2.5 months after NC clearance and a week before AD. So don't worry about the LUDs - they are kind of random.

NC is the biggest hurdle, since you already cleared that, your GC will be just around the corner. Before visa number and/or processing dates move back, however, I'd suggest you 1. make an official inquiry, 2. Make an infopass to ensure USCIS received NC result, and 3. Call SC occasionally to check on status (based on what they say when they reply to your inquiry). Here is a page on how to contact USCIS. Good luck.
Thanks for your prompt response.
My letter from the FBI, states the following, namely, "..... was processed and finalized on Oct 17 2007". Did your letter also state the same? I was sure if it meant that the NC was cleared.
Also, what did you mean by "(based on what they say when they reply to your inquiry)"?

Thanks.

Simple:

Call 1-800 customer service number

Then press these options in the same sequence as below.

1, 2, 2, 6, 1, enter receipt#, 1, 3, 4

This will put you to TSC IO. Initially after you press the last option 4 it will say cust service but then after a minute or so automated system will say "You have reached the Texas Service Center and all Immigration officers are busy please wait" Wait times usually are 20 to 40 minutes so have patience.

Good Luck.
I understand that this is to method to get to an IO at TSC? Am I right? My case is in NSC. Is this the same methodology for reaching an IO at NSC, as well?

I would greatly appreciate your clarification concerning this issue.

Thanks.

1-2-2-6-1 then LIN number# then 1-3-4. I just tried my old LIN number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same boat

My situation same as you. Now I have new problem with my travel plan to India while AP/EAD renewal needed and H1 Stamping needed. I talked to TSC IO. One IO said case is with Officer. 2nd said waiting for VISA availability.

Rgards,
vllrp