Infopass experience

hopeofgc

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I had an infopass appointment today to find out my case status. the IO said there are no visa numbers available for employment based and visa numbers were over/completed yesterday and the new visa numbers would be available in Oct. 2007. I told her that my PD became current in June 2007 and she said they got an update about no visa numbers available yesterday.
Any idea about visa numbers update?

EB3
PD: 04/2003
RD I-485 : 06/2004

Guys, I had an infopass appointment today to find out my case status. the IO said there are no visa numbers available for employment based and visa numbers were over/completed yesterday and the new visa numbers would be available in Oct. 2007. I told her that my PD became current in June 2007 and she said they got an update about no visa numbers available yesterday.
Any idea about visa numbers update?

EB3
PD: 04/2003
RD I-485 : 06/2004

I don't think it's true. Many people are getting approved today and the PD is current for all categories in July 2007. They are just trying to get us off their back by giving the wrong information.

I don't think it's true. Many people are getting approved today and the PD is current for all categories in July 2007. They are just trying to get us off their back by giving the wrong information.

I agree with you. I don't think the info. she provided by correct.

Hi Hopeofgc,

I am new to the thread and wondering as how did you make this info pass appointment ?

Thanks !

I agree with you. I don't think the info. she provided by correct.

When I went to the InfoPass appointment in Mid May 2007, IO said that the PD is not current but when I asked her to look into the Visa Bulletin, she looked at the old bulletin which had PD May 2001 for EB3. I told her, there is a new Visa bulletin for Jun 2007 and dates are different in Jun 2007, she was surprised and started looking into her computer. After a while she could get the new Visa bulletin and thanked me many times for updating her :D
You see my point?

Thank you Hopeofc !

Also wondering as after raising the service request , can I go for info pass?

Please let me know.

Thanks !

When I went to the InfoPass appointment in Mid May 2007, IO said that the PD is not current but when I asked her to look into the Visa Bulletin, she looked at the old bulletin which had PD May 2001 for EB3. I told her, there is a new Visa bulletin for Jun 2007 and dates are different in Jun 2007, she was surprised and started looking into her computer. After a while she could get the new Visa bulletin and thanked me many times for updating her :D
You see my point?

How insane? I tried to tell her that my PD is current in June Visa bulletin......but she didn't listen.

hopeofGC

I disagreed with your IO info. Based on my number of calls with IO in last weeks, I can tell you that there are tons of visa numbers available and you will see good chunk of approval flowing till probably Aug 07!! Believe me...you are ALL NEXT...Good Luck

hopeofGC

I disagreed with your IO info. Based on my number of calls with IO in last weeks, I can tell you that there are tons of visa numbers available and you will see good chunk of approval flowing till probably Aug 07!! Believe me...you are ALL NEXT...Good Luck

Thanks for your support and help. I hope my approval comes soon.

If the lady is correct

there are no visa numbers available for employment based and visa numbers were over/completed yesterday and the new visa numbers would be available in Oct. 2007.

If the lady is correct then, there will not be any approvals on June 21, 2007.

Oct 2007 visa numbers will be drop in the ocean in the beginning as we will be restricted by country quota.

What happened to 10K visa number request by NSC .. might be they did not get them all.

If the lady is correct -- all waiting translates wait for atleast a year to be picked up ..

Hope she is 100% wrong.

Guys,

Definitly that seems like a guy giving info who does not know any thing about the dates..

Anyway, i just to an officer and he is relactant to give me more info ...

But finally after going thru some talking ...He said several things ..

1. They don't have access to the office who approves GCs ..
So they can not give any more info on the cases..So don't call us again.

2. But then his guess was ...As long as visa bulletin says CURRENT ..you are
good..

3. So we have to see the next visa bulletin which will happen around
July 14th 2007. Hre said, no visas are exausted yet ...

Plus they are processing by RD now (as we all know)...They are processing old RDs still ...Once if this is done, then they move ...

Their goal is also to finish as much as cases from their pending category to approved in 120 days from June 2007. So don't worry and most of our cases are going to get approved soon.

Even if you see latest approval today...they are still in 2003 RD...and the PD is not matters at this point..

NO approvals from NSC yet

NO approvals from NSC yet .. this visa number stuff scares me now...

What do you think guys ... yesterday there were tons of approval by this time...

I don't believe this rumor. Since July dates are current...they DO have more visas. Or else dates would not have been current...they will have to approve more people or move the dates back in the middle (less likely)

You see my point?
But since you were in mid-May, the June bulletin was not yet effective (Eff Jun 1st)
So what she saw was the right bulletin - wasn't it ?

But since you were in mid-May, the June bulletin was not yet effective (Eff Jun 1st)
So what she saw was the right bulletin - wasn't it ?

Yea good point max2k1. The June visa bulletin will come into effect from June, not in May 2007.