Indian passport renewal with expired visa

jamestown72

My 10 year passport is expiring in august 2009 but i have been out of status in US sonce 2003. can i get a new indian passport from the consulate in new york. has anyone gone thru the same. I heard its easier in san francisco consulate is that so. can someone advice me on this. thanks

My 10 year passport is expiring in august 2009 but i have been out of status in US sonce 2003. can i get a new indian passport from the consulate in new york. has anyone gone thru the same. I heard its easier in san francisco consulate is that so. can someone advice me on this. thanks
You are out of status in USA from 2003?? in that case why do you need a valid passport? if you go outside of USA, there will be a ban (I think 10 years) for your re-entry. You need to consult immigration lawyer asap.

Maybe the OP want's to go home?

I'd expect that you can renew your passport, you are still a citizen of India, but as ksam says don't expect to be able to come back to the US if you leave.

Hi, The same problem arises to me last year when I had to renew my expired Indian passport in USA. And I am please by the services offered by the myvisapassport.com