Indian passport renewal/extension in Indian consulates in Canada

ani70

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am a Canadian landed immigrant and planning to do my H1B visa stamping in Canada
Unfortunately my current Indian PP validity is less than 6 months
Could someone tell me how much time Indian Consulates in Canada are taking nowadays in renewing a soon to be expired PP?
Any particular Indian consulate is better ?I mean Toronto,Ottowa etc?
Regards

Toronto has Indian consulate

Consulate General of India (Toronto)
Suite 500, 2 Bloor Street West
Toronto-Ontario, Canada M4W 3E2

Ph: +1 416 960 6253,0751
Fax: +1 416 960 9812

1) Passport applications are accepted between 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. at the
High Commission of India, Ottawa and between 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon at the
Consulate Consulate General of India, Toronto Mondays through Fridays except
holidays. A receipt with due date of delivery for applications received at the counter is
given to the applicants.
2. Applications for new passports require 3-5 days of processing time
and those for renewal require 1 day’s processing. Delivery of the passport is made between 4.30 and 5.30 p.m. in the case of High Commission of India and between 2.30 to 4.00 p.m. in the case of Consulate General of India, Toronto on the specified date. For applications received by post, processing requires 5 working days from receipt of application. The delivery schedule is for straightforward cases. Other cases may require 6-8 weeks or more of processing time.

(3) Fees may be paid in cash at the counter, or by money order/certified cheque /bank draft in favour of the concerned office (High Commission of India, Ottawa, Consulate General of India, Toronto). If the application is sent by post, exact fee amount may be sent. Please note that personal cheques will not be accepted. Cash payments are accepted only at the counter.

Emergency New pasport service in Toronto Indian Consulate

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for your reply
Do you know whether Indian Consulate in Toronto have any emergency(Within one day) new passport issue system.In USA if you pay $90 more they issue a new passport within one day
My current passport will be expired within 4 months time so need to apply for a new PP
In USA
Regards
Ani

You have the telephone # of Indian consulate in Toronto you can ask them. If you want renew Passport in US contact nearest Indian consulate.

Indian Consulate in toronto will do same day passport service for an additional $100 cdn. They usually ask for a reason for emergency service which you can state as need to travel to US for work or anything else applicable.