Indian OCI process! Please help

usacitizentobe

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I need help with the following questions I have regarding the OCI process.

Once I get the US passport, Which step to be done first.

1) Renunciation of Indian passport

2) Apply for OCI card

3) I have a son, who is a US citizen with PIO card. Can I apply an OCI card for him along with my OCI application?

Please advice. As I am having a hard time understanding the process in the TRAVISA website.

Many thanks,

You can do 1 and 2 together UNLESS you need to travel to India temporarily on a visa soon after you become a citizen while your OCI is being processed, as the process could take a couple of months, and you'll have to deal with Travisa and the consulate/embassy to find your file, pull your certificate, and then get the visa process going. Do 3 separately just to avoid confusion.

You can do 1 and 2 together UNLESS you need to travel to India temporarily on a visa soon after you become a citizen while your OCI is being processed, as the process could take a couple of months, and you'll have to deal with Travisa and the consulate/embassy to find your file, pull your certificate, and then get the visa process going. Do 3 separately just to avoid confusion.

Thank You, cafeconleche for your advice. Really appreacite it.

Can I apply OCI for my son, after I become a US citizen.? Or Its better to apply OCI for my son, when I am still a Indian passport holder?

Many Thanks,