Indian Citizenship and Passport for US Born Child for Indian Parents

richierichards7

I am an Indian Citizen working with H1B Visa in US. My wife is on H4 Visa. We do not have any intention to settle / stay back here in USA permanently.

We are expecting a baby in the month of October 2011. I want my child to have an Indian citizenship. Please let me know how I can get Indian citizenship for a baby born in USA.
Request you to answer my following five questions:

1. Can we get an Indian passport for the baby if he/she is born in the US or only US Passport?
2. If we can get Indian passport, does he/she need to obtain a visa for our rest our stay in US?
3. If we can get only US Passport, shall I provide the Indian address as permanent address in the US passport application?
4. If a child has Indian Passport with the place of birth in USA in the passport will there be any immigration issues in USA.
5. If a child has Indian Passport, is he or she an Indian citizen?

I am totally confused and worried about the next steps. Request your advice and suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
Richard

I am an Indian Citizen working with H1B Visa in US. My wife is on H4 Visa. We do not have any intention to settle / stay back here in USA permanently.

We are expecting a baby in the month of October 2011. I want my child to have an Indian citizenship. Please let me know how I can get Indian citizenship for a baby born in USA.
Request you to answer my following five questions:

1. Can we get an Indian passport for the baby if he/she is born in the US or only US Passport?
2. If we can get Indian passport, does he/she need to obtain a visa for our rest our stay in US?
3. If we can get only US Passport, shall I provide the Indian address as permanent address in the US passport application?
4. If a child has Indian Passport with the place of birth in USA in the passport will there be any immigration issues in USA.
5. If a child has Indian Passport, is he or she an Indian citizen?

I am totally confused and worried about the next steps. Request your advice and suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
Richard

you need to naturalize your child after the birth. usually not so difficult for child of indian citizens.