Incorrect I-94 info

coffeemonster

I have just used my new GC to enter the US for the first time, after being approved for adjustment of status in September. Today I was trying to renew my drivers license and the BMV staff were confused about what to do - out of curiosity, I checked the I-94 page, and surprisingly it shows that I was just admitted under E2 (my previous visa) for a period of 1 year (the entry date it shows is the date I entered with my GC last week).

I definitely handed the immigration officer my GC at the airport and he stamped my passport and wrote "ARC" on the the stamp. Is it common to get I-94 info like this when you have a GC? Do I need to do anything to fix it?

Visit your nearest CBP POE or deferred inspection siteto get your information updated

Visit your nearest CBP POE or deferred inspection siteto get your information updated

I went to the local deferred inspection site today. They said they don't take walk-ins, but they agreed to see me anyway. The CBP officer said there's nothing he can do. He said I was clearly issued an I-94 in error, but he can't delete it and it doesn't matter anyway because having the GC means I never need an I-94. So he said I shouldn't worry about it.

Sm1smom, are you aware of any situation where this could cause problems for me? I plan to travel again soon anyway, not sure if that makes any difference.

Okay. You done the needful on your part, you have nothing to worry about at this point. I don't expect this to cause any problem in the long run. My son was once re-admitted on a visitor's visa and issued with an I-90 despite presenting his GC a couple of years back.

I have just used my new GC to enter the US for the first time, after being approved for adjustment of status in September. Today I was trying to renew my drivers license and the BMV staff were confused about what to do - out of curiosity, I checked the I-94 page, and surprisingly it shows that I was just admitted under E2 (my previous visa) for a period of 1 year (the entry date it shows is the date I entered with my GC last week).

I definitely handed the immigration officer my GC at the airport and he stamped my passport and wrote "ARC" on the the stamp. Is it common to get I-94 info like this when you have a GC? Do I need to do anything to fix it?
So what exactly did the BMV staff say was the problem with renewing your driver's license? The I-94 shouldn't be relevant because GC by itself is a sufficient document for getting a driver's license.