In this Situation, what options I have?

prman

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, I need your advice,

I am in my 7th year H1b, working at a client place, my company applied for Labor in March 2005 (TR), and recently in this month we have converted to "RIR" and it is in process.

Now, Client is considering me for a full time employement. What should I do?
I know that I can only change the company after the 140 is approved, provided my company should not revoke/cancel the 140.

What are my options? Should I ask my client to request my company to let the GC process go on till the 140 is approved? or Is there any other option to consider?

How do I convince my client and my company?

Please advice!!!

Thanks

One cannot continue the GC process unless the 140 is approved PLUS 485 application pending for more than 180 days. So you won't be able to port anything other than PD (after 140 approval) if you change job at this time.

prman said:
Hello All, I need your advice,

I am in my 7th year H1b, working at a client place, my company applied for Labor in March 2005 (TR), and recently in this month we have converted to "RIR" and it is in process.

Now, Client is considering me for a full time employement. What should I do?
I know that I can only change the company after the 140 is approved, provided my company should not revoke/cancel the 140.

What are my options? Should I ask my client to request my company to let the GC process go on till the 140 is approved? or Is there any other option to consider?

How do I convince my client and my company?

Please advice!!!

Thanks

DSLstart said:
One cannot continue the GC process unless the 140 is approved PLUS 485 application pending for more than 180 days. So you won't be able to port anything other than PD (after 140 approval) if you change job at this time.

Should I request my Client, to request my company, not to cancel the GC process until 140 is approved? In the mean time my client will file Labor.

This is a good opportunity to me (in all aspects), so trying not to let it go. Looking for possible options.

Thanks!