In October, is retrogression our only hope?

Jackolantern

Registered Users (C)
For those who have PD in 2003 or earlier, and were current in May or June but are still not approved, retrogression might be a good thing when October comes and visa numbers are available again (provided that they don't retrogress behind our dates, of course). It would force them to pay more attention to the older cases.

Otherwise, if the dates move into 2004 or 2005, we will be competing for attention with the newer cases, and next year this time will come around and many of us are still not approved.

Jacko

I am assuming that in the next 3 months all our cases will be processed depending on how fastly 60k cases can be expedited speedily by uscis. In the light of the unexpected move by USCIS, I am finally being optimistic that "pipeline" cases will be dealt and over with before USCIS goes further and this is the most opportune time in history ;)...our time has come, finally!:D

Dude, the big news this year....
- ROW is not using it's share of quota of 100K (out of 140K)...
- USCIS is trying to meet the 60K, resorted to illegal ways of pre-assigning visa numbers for cases with pending namecheck and little chance of 485 approval by Sep 2007 (Will they suck FBI's ass to clear their namecheck???)! And, in a way USCIS is trying to pretty much clear it's entire backlog by FY2007 (at least trying). Even goes to prove that the backlog of 485 applications - that are ready and approvable - is less than 60K.

I am betting retrogression is gone for good!

What was retrogression - It was all about ROW using more than 100K....
With backlog pretty much gone and now ROW applicants cannot apply until October...

The dates are bound to be current again!!! I think USCIS only managed to postpone the inevitable!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would force them to pay more attention to the older cases.

While I would completely agree that they should pay more attention to the older cases and clear them out first, I doubt that's how it works.

USCIS has let things slide for so many years now. So many cases pending for years, even while the visa bulletin's PD has kept dancing back and forth. The only thing the visa bulletin update in July has done is given USCIS some breathing space to slow down and process cases casually for the next 3 months. I don't know what prompted USCIS to get into this hyperactive mode: lack of space for new cases or a really good director who decided to do some good things for a change?

What this does mean, however, is that if USCIS doesn't approve 60k cases in 3 months, they have an even bigger problem in terms of the older cases, who will want to know why USCIS requested 60k numbers if they couldn't use them all up.

What actually shows up in the Oct bulletin really depends on what work they have done by end of August. Let's hope all of us get through by then.

I'm not sure about anything anymore

Well, if they have assigned visa numbers to all the pending apps, why aren't we seeing the approvals then? I think USCIS is being overly cautious. With lawsuits looming from all directions, they might be hesitant to take any further action. They could even succumb to pressure and withdraw any pre-assigned numbers, while opening the flood gates one more time. Who knows what will happen.

That's what is surprising....only shusterman.com is reporting approvals.....

I wonder if all the other lawfirms, are trying to subdue this news...I am sure on July 2nd - they might have also received approvals.....

>>>>>
SILVER LINING ON THE JULY VISA BULLETIN

July 4, 2007

Believe it or not, there is a silver lining to the July Visa Bulletin Cloud.

The Visa Bulletin pushed the CIS into approving 60,000 applications for adjustment in matter of weeks. Today we received dozens of approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on July 1st.

What's more, some important members of congress are hopping mad about the immigrants playing by the rules who were double crossed by the government. Representative Zoe Lofgren, Chair of the House of Immigration Subcommittee wrote letters to DHS Secretary Chertoff and DOS Secretary Rice expressing her displeasure and urging them not to revise the July Visa Bulletin.
>>>>>

I know my PD is old enough, but my 485 receipt date is really old. Its been exactly 4 years after I applied for my adjustment of status. The name checks have been cleared and the application is still pending. I might be one of those of older receipt dates. Hopefully october brings us some good times.

While I would completely agree that they should pay more attention to the older cases and clear them out first, I doubt that's how it works.

USCIS has let things slide for so many years now. So many cases pending for years, even while the visa bulletin's PD has kept dancing back and forth. The only thing the visa bulletin update in July has done is given USCIS some breathing space to slow down and process cases casually for the next 3 months. I don't know what prompted USCIS to get into this hyperactive mode: lack of space for new cases or a really good director who decided to do some good things for a change?

What this does mean, however, is that if USCIS doesn't approve 60k cases in 3 months, they have an even bigger problem in terms of the older cases, who will want to know why USCIS requested 60k numbers if they couldn't use them all up.

What actually shows up in the Oct bulletin really depends on what work they have done by end of August. Let's hope all of us get through by then.

I see that you have LUDs very recent. May be your approval is just around the corner

nyte_crawler,

We have almost identical time lines for our cases.When was your case transferred to TSC/NSC? From observation/study of all the postings for cases which have only a single LUD on May 8, it does not look good.Barring one or two instances, for some reasons these cases have not been picked (or are nor being picked up) for adjudication

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transferred to TSC on March 3 2007, FP2 on May 3 2007. Hopefully they got the visa number assigned to my case. Iam still yet to call TSC IO to confirm that. I have send a mail to ombudsman asking to check the status. Lets see how many years I have to wait.