In Line for Interview Scheduling.. How long to be Scheduled in Seattle Office?

eddiemurphy

Hi All,

My local USCIS office is Seattle.

I have been in line for interview scheduling since Sep 17th, 2014. I applied based marriage and I took advantage of the 90 days early filing. My three year's GC anniversary is on Oct 17th, 2014

July 21st Eligibility Date to apply (90 days before anniversary)
July 24th Priority and Filing Date
Aug 20th BIOMETRICS Done
Sep 17th In Line for Interview

I have been checking my status everyday even though I am signed up to text messages notifications!! I am feeling very impatient lol

Any idea how long this might take for me to be scheduled for the interview?

Any Seattle filers there who can give me their estimates and their timeline if you have a similar situation?

Cheers!

I might not be a good case to use as reference but I filed on Nov. 13, 2013 and still waiting for an interview call. I was told that Seattle office is processing slower than usual because they lost some officers early this year due to transfers and retirements. Not sure how true that is but that's the excuse I was given at two of my Infopass appointments as possible reasons for delay. However I now know I am stuck in a name check backlog which might not be your situation and you should expect an interview call sooner.

I might not be a good case to use as reference but I filed on Nov. 13, 2013 and still waiting for an interview call. I was told that Seattle office is processing slower than usual because they lost some officers early this year due to transfers and retirements. Not sure how true that is but that's the excuse I was given at two of my Infopass appointments as possible reasons for delay. However I now know I am stuck in a name check backlog which might not be your situation and you should expect an interview call sooner.

Thank you for the response. It seems my case is different... I am already inline for interview scheduling. Which means (I assume) that they finished the background check, right?

I hope we hear more responses from Seattle filers!

Just to bring this one up.... Anyone from Seattle who applied in July 2014?
@eddiemurphy - Did you get your interview done? Reading various posts, I see that Seattle filers are having to wait over 6 months between application and approval of citizenship. From USCIS website it seems they are still working on cases from May 2014.
Does anyone know what happens if a particular field office gets backlogged too much? I mean is there a provision that if Seattle is backed up then people waiting for interview can go to Portland/Spokane etc.?

Have you heard anything yet regarding the name check? I have been waiting since March 2014, was scheduled for the interview then descheduled so being in line for an interview does not necessarily mean the security checks were complete

Nope, I have not heard anything yet. I had submitted a Freedom of Information Act request in December which I received a few weeks back. As expected it is full of FBI name check requests but the last entry under Case Summary says 'no reason citizenship should be denied, case being referred to field officer' - dated March 2014. Nothing after that. :(