In distress....planning to withdraw 485..pls help

cool_indian

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

Need help guys.. In real distress..pls help as i have to withdraw my 485 now...

I am single & had filed my 485 on Dec01 (under pressure) though i knew that i should wait to get married...My attorney suggested to wait but i had no option to file as things were not great in job.

Things moved very fast to my surprise after that. I got my Finger printing (FP) notice which was due on may 28th which i got delayed from INS. They gave me a 2.5 mths extension which is getting over on aug 15th.

Now the problem is that my parents still dont have a girl in mind for me till now & the time is running..i am somehow unlucky in getting the right girl & still have to wait till i go to india in oct/nov& till that time my 485 will be approved

Am wondering how can i get more time now.. Can I ask for a 2nd extension now. will they give me a 2nd extension if i ask for it. Secondly will 485 get approved as soon as i give me FP as i have come to know that both FP & 485 are independent process. The INS just checks from FBI whother the FP has come or not...

other wise worst to worst i would get my 485 cancelled and i am ready for it but what are the implications. do i start from labour again or my I-140 still valid.. I got my I-140 last July 2001. Does is it have a validity too..i have heard 1 year...

do u or anybody have an idea about this..pls help if u cann..i will REALLY appreciate it..

Thanks

Filing state: CA
My WAC series : 02-077-5****

Can you just finish your 485 before getting married as I don't know about your culture???? Others are going crazy just to get the 'green' but you, you'd rather cancel it?!?!?!?! The times we are living right now, the 'green' is a high priority.

dont worry and do your FP

If you think that a dec filer will be approved before oct, i think you are wishing too much and specially with your extension in your FP, your case is any case being put into the back burner. donot delay more on your fp as that might raise more questions into your case. you can alsways add your future wife as soon as you get married as Follow to join.

Pls ..help..

Are you sure it will not be cleared before dec 02.. I have been told that the moment my FP is done they will start working on it as anway it has been delayed....so it would be a proirty for them to work on a later dated case...why it makes you say that it would be in a back burner..how much time do u think it would take after FP in Aug 15th keeping in mind thats its my 2nd date of FP..

Thanks

Cool, cool down!

Dear friend Cool_Indian,

Don't even think of withdrwaing 485!

You don't seem to be 'cool' in 485 matter. Ok, humor apart, make
note of this: Your 485 case will NOT be worked upon as soon as your FP is done. It will be just waiting in the queue depending upon the RD whether FP done or not. There are hundreds of others before you (i.e. before Dec.01) who - applied, got their FP done, and still waiting for apporval!

While it is anybody's guess when your case will be approved, the current cases being approved are for Aug. 01 and some Sept. 01. So, your case will take at least 2-4 more months assuming INS works at this pace. In fact, in the last 2 months it is seen that this pace has been decreased and in that case Dec. 01 cases may not be adjudicated before the end of 2002. (of course, don't take anything for granted with INS).

Don't even think of withdrwaing 485!

Get married, and get it over!

No. If I were you, I will definately not withdraw the GC. You should get GC first. Then everything will be worked out for you. Good luck.

Why worry?

:eek:

Why pressure yourself with finding a girl first before your GC? You can always marry after you get your GC.

Mr Cool Indian.........get the GC

Mr Cool India,
don't think anymore and let the i-485 processing move and get GC. You can always worry about getting married but there still other ways like F1, H1 etc to get your wife in case you get married after 485 approval.

cool_indian

DO NOT WITHDRAW I 485.

Secondly make sure you do your finger printing (I believe they are good for 15 months) or atleast reschedule it if you cant make it, because if you dont do either then that is considered as abandonment of your application.

Wish you all the best.

My friend was in similar situation

My friend had similar situation. He continued his GC but got married after FP but just before the actual AOS approval. And now he is doing follow-to-join.

As others have pointed out there is a very big probability that your case will not be picked up before Dec (and you are planning to get married in Nov).

So do your FP and stay cool. :p

BR

Options

Do not withdraw your i-485. I know it is difficult to bring your wife once you have your GC. But these are options before you.

(i) Marry an ABCD / someone who is already in this country.
(ii) Marry a H1 holder. There are lots of them. They have to apply GC based on their employment.
(iii) Otherwise bring your wife as a student (f1 visa) without disclosing she is married to you. This is the most common thing GC holders do to bring their spouse in.

Is there a guarantee you'll find the right person to marry in Oct/Nov?

If there is, great! There are always enough women in India keen on coming to the US by getting married so finding someone is not the problem, but finding the right person?? You could marry the wrong person and regret the quick decision the rest of your life. My suggestion is go for the green card, at the same time keeping yourself open to all possibilities, travel off the beaten path (eg finding someone already here etc) - letting things work out on the marriage front in its natural pace.

Take it easy cool_indian

Hi Cool_Indian,
Dont even think of withdrawing ur i-485.
There are other ways u can get married.

1. I dont think INS starts processing ur case right after FP. I think (looks like it ;) ) they process based on ur RD.
2. The chances of ur I-485 getting approved before Dec, 02 are slim :(
3. Say for example if u get married before its approved, either u can file I-485 for ur spouse, or u can file as Follow-to-join.
4. Say ur I-485 got approved before u get married. Dont freak out, there are so many Indian girls here on F1/H1. You can find one, or go far an ABCD or some blond ;)

In my honest opinion, dont withdraw ur I-485. Marriage is always luck. If u have good luck, u can get a really good spouse.

So take it easy and get ur greencard. Leave the rest to time.

HTH
Sudhi

Don't drop processing

Hey I applied through my spouse after 2 months of my wife having got fingerprinted. I got EAD and application is getting processed normally. She was fingerprinted in Jan,2002 and her
RD is 06 Aug,2001 but she has not been approved. It takes a whole life time to get the I485 approved.Never ever evn think of
dropping the processing

You have the option of K3 VISA

Dont worry. Even if you get your green card, now there is a NEW TYPE OF VISA that you can apply for your wife. It will take 3-4 months max to get approved. One of my friends who has a GC got married in April. His wife is in INDIA and they applied for K3 visa

To be COOL!:) :)

K3 is okay but it doesn't get you work permit

K3 is okay but it doesn't get you work permit so your wife will have to wait for years for GC to start working again.
So it is better te get her included with yours. You can attach her anytime before your approval comes and you still have a few months

I think there is a K visa available for spouses

I am not sure, but vaguely remember reading about K visa for spouses of GC holders till they get the GC through Family based category.