Impact to derivative beneficiary due to death of Prncipal Beneficiary living in India - I 130 Petition

bharatpremi

Registered Users (C)
US Citizen living in Chicago filed I 130 petition for her sister (principal beneficiary), sister's husband (Derivative beneficiary) and their child daughter (derivative beneficiary)15 years back. Principal Beneficiary passed away in year 2016. USCIS has not been informed about her death till now. 20 days back USICS informed that petition has been informed and asked to provide documentation and information on national visa center website to prepare them for the consular interview process, What are the options for husband and married daughter (The child daughter now is 27 years old and married)?

There are no options, derivatives can only get a visa approved if the principal beneficiary gets one first, and can only get subsequent green cards if principal enters the US first or with them. So if the beneficiary dies at any point before entry to the US, the derivatives lose out.

Note married daughter would not have been able to get one anyway, as married children cannot be derivatives (and she may have aged out anyway).

If any of the derivative beneficiaries (probably only the husband since the daughter aged out) was residing in the US at the time the principal beneficiary died, and continued to reside in the US until now, they could get 204(l) reinstatement. I'm guessing that's probably not the case here.

If any of the derivative beneficiaries (probably only the husband since the daughter aged out) was residing in the US at the time the principal beneficiary died, and continued to reside in the US until now, they could get 204(l) reinstatement. I'm guessing that's probably not the case here.

Title says living in India