IMP: Help with understanding what the message means. Gurus?

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

My GC Application was approved in June by the local office. I went to local office and I was told that my case was sent back to Nebraska for sending welcome letter and for card production. That was mid July.
Now, the status changed for my case and it reads:

"On July 30, 2007, the Administrative Appeals Office returned this case. If your case was remanded or your appeal was sustained, we will notify you of our action within 60 days of the date of the AAO decision. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."

What does that mean!! I would appreciate your input on it.

Thanks.

Hi:

My GC Application was approved in June by the local office. I went to local office and I was told that my case was sent back to Nebraska for sending welcome letter and for card production. That was mid July.
Now, the status changed for my case and it reads:

"On July 30, 2007, the Administrative Appeals Office returned this case. If your case was remanded or your appeal was sustained, we will notify you of our action within 60 days of the date of the AAO decision. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."

What does that mean!! I would appreciate your input on it.

Thanks.

if after interview at local office they stamped your passport then the message seems to be mistake of USCIS

Yes, they did stamp the passport as well. Therefore I was so confused ( and somewhat concerned) as to what this meant and why 'appeals' office was involved. I shall call customer service and see what information I can gather. Anything else I can do? Thanks for reply Ginnu.

Called Customer Service. First agent said go to local office. Did not transfer me to 2nd level support. Called again in some time. Got hold of 2nd level support. He told me yes it seems like there was a mistake at our end. You should hope to receive your welcome letter and card by August 30th. Or else call again.