Immigration Query - Family Travel on different Visa Types.

CDN_TN_US

Hi all

We are a family of 4 [2 adults, 2 kids], travelling outside US.
I am on TN Visa, my Spouse on H1B & the kids [1 on H4 and the other is a US citizen]. My Spouse has an approved I-140.

My question is when we come back into the country, can we all go together thru immigration, as a family?
  • Will the immigration officer have any issues with H1B + TN? Will this raise unnecessary questions of Intent of stay etc?
  • OR do we come in separately (just thru the immigration checkpoint at the airport) to avoid any confusions?
Please do share your opinion on the same.

Thank you.

You come across as excessively worried about intent, including in your previous thread last year. If his employment is above board, you wouldn't have to worry about POE questions related to intent. The H1b visa on his Indian passport should be ok provided your hubby's employer is reputable. You guys are probably just waiting for his PD to get current.

Spouse having H1-B or approved I-140 is not sufficient grounds to deny your TN entry on the basis of immig intent. To separate just before CBP would be so suspicious on many levels that it is not even worth considering,