Immigration Officer has no idea if case is in "NAME CHECK"?

sky88

Registered Users (C)
Dear all

Just called Nebraska office and officer (he is a customer rep...maybe he is different from an immigration officer? not sure..) said my case is "pending for internal review/investigation". I asked him if my case has gone through the FBI NAME CHECK, he said they don't break it down to that details, so there was no way he could tell me. :confused:

Even better, he told me not to call back within 30 days....!

So I am wondering how some of u knew if ur case was stuck in NAMECHECK or passed NAMECHECK? The IO should know? And the officer I spoke to didn't know anything! :mad:

Hmmm....should I wait longer? or should i use infopass to meet with an IO? But he/she might say the same thing..."I DON'T KNOW!"

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Called today and was told case is pending internal / external security checks. I was also told "we are generally asking not to call in 30 days". This latter could be because folks have been calling few times a day. However, it feels kind of heartwarming to think that in 30 days something can change.

Same here. Called today and was told case is pending internal / external security checks. I was also told "we are generally asking not to call in 30 days". This latter could be because folks have been calling few times a day. However, it feels kind of heartwarming to think that in 30 days something can change.
take infopass .they will definitely tell you more than what those NSC CS folks tell you

There's some luck involved when calling NSC. I just tried calling today for the first time and I was lucky that my call got routed to a very warm and accomodating IO. When I inquired if my case already passed the security checks including FBI namecheck, she jokingly said that she's not supposed to divulged that information but she did anyway :) She said that my case has already cleared the security checks and is just currently waiting to be assigned to an officer right now :)

I have read elsewhere that they have a memo asking the IO / Reps not to tell you if you have cleared security :mad:

With a little bit of luck you get a nice IO who does not care about these memos and tell you the story on your file :)

If you got "I am not allowed to give you that information", try again :cool:

Matlab.

I wonder why they don't allow their officers to tell us if we are done with the security or name check??? I bet these people don't know how it feels to be stuck in this stupid GC process FOREVER and how it feels to be left in the dark!

Will try to call next week...if no news, then will take Infopass. But I bet infopass will do the same thing..."can't tell".."don't know":!