Immigration Interview Questions for free on net

new_immigrant

Hello All,

Recently I found an awesome website which contains a lot of immigration Interview Questions. It contains actual questions being asked during various interviews. These questions are available for free to everyone who wants to prepare for a successful Interview. If you would like to take a look at the questions please visit the following website.

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill

or

http://www.jpsgill.com

The site have both Family Class and Skilled category Questions.

Hope it helps.

New Immigrant

All you need to know....

Disclaimer: Because people are stupid, I have to state a disclaimer despite trying to help people. As you can see, I’m an informed person and not an attorney. This is not legal advice. I assert that the information provided is true and correct. However, these tips will help you in your efforts.

Like the circle of life, the internet is a constant cycle of information being downloaded and uploaded. If there were more people downloading than uploading, then, the content would always be sparse. I encourage you all to always give back and provide social responsibility. It is you, that will keep this cycle that is the internet always turning.

Here’s my review of my recent immigration interview. In April 2010, we were mailed an appointment to come in and have the dreaded immigration interview in 30 days. I knew this day would come but, it came faster than I thought because I filed in for my husband in December 2009 (See Tip #1). I have to say, they have really stepped things up at the USCIS, or at least in terms of speed and professionalism. I will get into the other issues later. For years, we had been preparing for the immigration interview. We downloaded some potential questions and started practicing them. It was kind of fun because it allowed us to get to know each other even more. After receiving the letter, we went down the checklist and started checking off items the USCIS already had and items they would need from us (See Tip #2).

It was sunny morning when both my husband and I entered the immigration office. We are given a number and sat and waited until it was our turn. We saw various couples who entered separately behind the closed doors that awaited us and thought that’s how they would interview us. When it was our time we both entered and fortunately we were not separated nor questioned individually. The lady that interviewed us has been doing this job for 20 odd years and seemed very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The questions that she asked were as follows:

What is your mother’s first name?

What is your father’s first name?

Where do you live and what is your address?

Have you been living at this address since you arrived?

Whom do you live with?

When did you two meet and where?

How long have the two of you known each other?

Why did it take you so long to start the relationship?

Are you pregnant?

Do you have any children together?

Do you have a degree and what did you study?

Are you working, where and what do you do?

Is that what you wanted to do?

Were you previously married? If so, do you have a copy of the divorce?

Do you have your original birth certificate with you?

How many times have you been to the US?

How many times did your spouse visit you in your country?

Where did you two get married?

Who was present at the wedding?

Do you have any pictures of the wedding?

Do you have any other pictures taken together?

Is there one car between the both of you?

Do you have a credit card?

Do you have any mail coming to you that have on your address?

What is your full name?

What is your date of birth?

Where were you born?

Our file was missing the medical records which were sent to another office (Tip #1). Additionally she told us that my needed to get a background check clearance from the Police Station from the County which we reside and gave us time to leave the office and return because my husband’s finger prints were not registering properly on the digital scanning machine. Upon our return, we were told verbally that my husband’s permanent resident status was approved and she stamped his passport accordingly. She also retained his work authorization card, travel documents and expired I-94 card. We signed some more documents and then we were able to leave.

Tip #1: Always, always make copies of anything you send to USCIS. This includes all of your original filing paperwork. At the interview, they did not have our original paperwork and were somewhat disappointed that we did not have it. You must file the following to start this process: I-130 (marriage), I-485 (Adjust Status), G-325A (Biographical), I-864 (Financial support and must make 125% above the federal poverty guidelines if non-military), I-765 (Work Permit), I-131 (Travel / Advance parole), and the I-693 (Physical/Medical Examination by a qualified U.S. Surgeon General listed on the USCIS website). Always mail any and all documents via certified mail and return receipt so you track if it was delivered. The fees are at the time of this writing:

A) I-130 = $355.00
B) I-485, G325A, I-864, I-765, I-131 = $1010
=$1365.00 (Total. 2 separate checks must be mailed. Checks must be made payable to the Department of Homeland Security.)
C) Medical exams should range anywhere from $300 - $150

You must send a both birth certificates of the petitioner and applicant, 2 passport photos of the applicant, 2 months worth of bank statements (joint account for best results), the last 2 paystubs of the petitioner, and a copy of the applicant’s identification such as an international driver’s license (best choice). There is an unknown caveat as to which tax returns to send. I will show you how to not get any unnecessary delays. If you are filing for your spouse in the months of January – April, you must include the prior year’s tax return. For example, if you file January 20, 2010, you must file your 2009 taxes and mail them in along with your paperwork. You must provide at least 3 years of tax returns if you are following this equation and all of your income on line #22 of the 1040 must be over 125% of the federal poverty level which equals to $18,212.50 for a family of two at the time of this writing. Just a side note on the federal poverty guidelines, if you are slightly below, they will look at your assets and your spouse’s assets as well in order to make a determination. If you do not follow these instructions, a yellow notice from the USCIS will be mailed to you vaguely requesting your latest tax return. I stress the word “vaguely” because it was poorly written and was a very generalized (cookie-cutter) notice. I searched online for the answer and nobody had the freaking answer! Luckily, I had an immigration lawyer friend to run some things by. Ah, lawyer, the perfect segway. Please see tip #3.

Tip #2: The minute you get your appointment, start preparing immediately. Work on the check off list, use my list of questions, and start gathering documents in the first 2 weeks. Always use a classification (medical file) to sort your documents and turn them into the interviewing officer. Remember, this is a government agency and the file folder of choice is a classification file folder. All papers must be hole punched at the top so, that they can fit in this type of file. The more you look prepared, the better for you and your interview will run smoothly. Lastly, divide your classification folder into different sections: (A) Bank Statements (B) Tax returns (C) Emails (D)Phone records (E)Chat logs (F)Photos (note on photos, make sure you put them in a PowerPoint presentation or write a synopsis of each scene) (G)Miscealleous stuff(Divorce papers, child custody papers, pregnancy related items if any) (H)Governmental stuff (Marriage certificates, birth certificates, passport copies, police background check from the county you live in, and original documents sent in with the initial application). Also include a chain of custody sheet and have them sign off that they received these items from you. This is the ONLY way to protect yourself just in case they deny your application despite having a legitimate marriage.

Tip #3: (Lawyers/Attorney) I highly recommend that none of you hire an attorney unless you are too lazy to call the USCIS and read articles like mine. Call this generalizing but, I darn you to prove me wrong: The only people who hire attorneys are people that are too dumb to research this process, it is a fixed marriage, or there is something really wrong with their paperwork such as arriving here illegally. Even, if there is something wrong with your paperwork like being out of status, that’s okay as long as you are filing a spousal petition within a reasonable time. Hiring an attorney is the WRONG choice because I am not the smartest person but, I was able to ask questions, read online, and fill out the paperwork with no problem. Heck, even George W. Bush has better grades in college than me so, that should tell you something. The paperwork to file for a spouse is really, really easy. Just fill in all of the blanks. If it doesn’t apply to you then, write in N/A. You do not need to hire an attorney to help you fill out paperwork or go with you to the immigration interview. The immigration investigators are not asking you what the equation for matter and anit-matter is. They’re asking you, “What side of the bed do you sleep on” and stuff like that. Lastly, although my attorney friend clarified the yellow notice I spoke about earlier, he also gave me some misinformation as well. For example, he told me that it was better to wait 6 months and file my husband’s paperwork. This is simply not true. Don’t believe me, then call USCIS. When the investigator asked me, “why did it take me so long to file?” I answered, “Because my attorney friend said to wait 6 months or the USCIS will think the marriage is suspicious.” She busted out laughing and said I was sorely misinformed. This is so true because if I had file for my husband, it would be less time for him to wait and get his conditional status removed from his green card. I hope I have made my point on this subject.

As a treat, I have provided all of the interview questions we have researched on the internet and have placed them into logical categories for you below:

MARRIAGE INTERVIEW—SAMPLE QUESTIONS
During the marriage interview the parties may be questioned separately concerning the bona fides of the marriage. Usually the US citizen will be questioned first and then the alien spouse will be asked the same questions. Below is a list of some of the typical questions asked during this interview.
Biological (family, age, birthday, etc, religion)
1. Describe the pieces of furniture in your bedroom? Color,
material, etc.
2. How many pillows do you and your spouse sleep with?
3. What size bed do you and your spouse have?
4. Are all the sleeping rooms on the same side of the home?
5. Where does your landlord live, or what company holds the mortgage
on your property?
6. Who pays the rent/mortgage? How is it paid? (Do you mail it?
Hand-deliver it?)
7. What furniture/article did the person moving in bring to the new
home?
8. If you now have cars, how much money is owed on them? How much
is the monthly payment?
9. Did your spouse have a car when you met? What model, color, etc?
10. Who pays the bills?
11. What bank account do you use? Is this the only bank account you
each have? Do either of you have another bank account? Yes. If yes,
explain.
12. What is your spouse's salary? How often is your spouse's salary
paid?
13. Are both of these salaries deposited into the same bank account?
14. What is your spouse's work schedule?
15. Where did your spouse work when you met your him/her?
16. Did she ever come up to see you?
17. What is your spouse's cell #?
18. Who lives at your address?
19. Do you have a home phone number; what is it?
20. How old is your spouse when you first met?
21. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
22. What is your religion?
23. What is the religion of your spouse?
24. What relatives do you have in USA?
25. What are their names and where do they live?
26. What relatives do you have outside of USA?
27. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
28. Have you met any of your spouse’s relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
29. Are these the cars you and your spouse current drive? If not, when did you and/or your spouse change cars?
30. Name and address.
31. Name and Date of Birth of Spouse. How old is your spouse?
32. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
33. Do you know your spouse’s family members? If so, which ones? If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, their names, ages, where they live, and where they go to school, if applicable.
34. Who cooks the meals at the house?
35. What is your spouse’s favorite food? What is your favorite food?
36. Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?
37. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
38. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
39. Did you watch TV after dinner? What shows did you watch?
40. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
41. Did you have the air conditioning or heater on?
42. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
43. Did you or your spouse take a shower?
44. Did you come to the interview together? Who drove?
45. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
46. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.

Sexual (intimacy, cotial, positions)

Education (college, high school, degree, certificates)
1. Where did your spouse go to school'? What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
2. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse’s educational background are compatible?

Work (past, present)
1. What does your spouse do for a living?
2. How did your spouse immigrate to USA?
3. Where does your spouse work?
4. What is the name of the company?
5. How long has your spouse worked there?
6. What does the job entail?
7. Does your spouse like his or her job?
8. What type of work does your spouse do? Where does your spouse
work? How long has your spouse been working there?
9. Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?
10. What hours do you work? What is your salary?
11. What is your telephone # at work?
12. When was the last vacation you had from work?

13. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
14. When was the last vacation you and your spouse took together?
15. Where did you go? How did you get there? Describe it.
16. Where does your spouse work? What days of the week? What hours? What is the salary, if you know?
17. What is your spouse’s telephone # at work?
18. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
19. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
20. What type of work did your spouse do?

Marriage (the day, reception, honeymoon)
1. How did you get to your honeymoon destination?
2. Did you and your spouse go on a honeymoon? If yes, where did you go?
3. How long did you travel for?
4. How did you purchase the honeymoon travel package, or who made the
arrangements for the trip? How much money did the honeymoon cost?
5. Who catered the celebration?
6. If you had a celebration, what food/beverages were served?
7. When did you and your spouse move in together?
8. Who moved in with whom?
9. Did you and your spouse live together prior to your marriage?
When, where, how long?
10. When did you and your spouse decide to get married? Was there a
proposal? Who proposed? When and where did it take place?
11. How long did you and your spouse date prior to getting married?
12. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
13. Was your marriage arranged?
14. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
15. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
16. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
17. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
18. Have you or your spouse been married before?
19. Why was that relationship dissolved?
20. Do you have any children from your current relationship or marriage?
21. Why did you marry your spouse?
22. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
23. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to USA?
24. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of USA?
25. How do you correspond with your spouse?
26. How often do you talk on the phone?
27. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
28. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
29. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
30. Does your spouse support you financially?
31. Do you support your spouse financially?
32. If I refuse this application what will you do?
33. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
34. Did you live together before marriage?
35. When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?
36. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
37. Did you exchange wedding rings?
38. Where had you purchased these rings? Did you and your spouse purchase them together?
39. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
40. Where was it held?
41. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
42. Describe the reception.
43. Did any of your and your spouse’s, family members attend? If so, who?
44. Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
45. If you did not have a reception, what did you do after the wedding ceremony?
46. Where did you live after the wedding?
47. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, floor coverings, appliances, etc; type of air conditioning, heating, etc; # of telephones, televisions, etc. Do you have cable television?
48. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse’s, previous residence?
49. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
50. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
51. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
52. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?
53. Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go over the same questions as above). How much is the rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
54. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account?
55. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
56. Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy with you?
57. Do you own any property together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?
58. What kind of automobile do you and your spouse have? Describe them.
59. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
60. Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?
61. Do you have any utility bills, or receipts from items you have purchased together?
62. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
63. Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them? A
64. What did you do for Christmas, New Year’s, your anniversary, or you or your spouse’s last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
65. Describe the ceremony? Where was it held? When was it held?
66. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
67. Do you have any children? How many children? What are the names and birth dates? Where are the children now? Who looks after the children?

Dating Stage (where do you go, phone bill, email, chats, first meeting)
1. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
2. . Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
3. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
4. What type of music do you enjoy? All except for rap and country.
5. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
6. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
7. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
8. What kind of books do you read?
9. What kind of books does your spouse read? School related, business related.
10. When and where did you meet your spouse?
11. Describe this 1st meeting.
12. Did you make arrangements to meet again? Andrew left Jamaica and we wrote each other and talked on the phone a few times. I have not seen him again until 2001.
13. Did you exchange phone numbers?
14. When did you meet next?
15. Where were you living at the time? Where was your spouse living?
16. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
17. How many days after you first saw her/him did you call her/him?
18. When did you see your spouse a second time?
19. What did you do with her/him?
20. Where and with whom did your spouse live when you met your spouse?

hi,
Marcusgraham your post in very use full and in much detail.I read it all thanks to you shearing on this forum i hope is a help full to all new person.
thanks again
Micheal Joshua.

hi,
Marcusgraham your post in very use full and in much detail.I read it all thanks to you shearing on this forum i hope is a help full to all new person.
thanks again
Micheal Joshua.

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.
This link below can show more info, you can find them at: jobinterviewquestions.biz/job-interview-questions-for-property-accountant/
Tks and best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question...
I am in the process of getting my permanent residence...my attorney sent my visa application to the national visa center about 2 weeks ago. My attorney received an email from the NVC saying that we need to wait at least 20 days from the time we sent the application...Can someone tell me how long it will take to get my appointment? I am 18 years old but i applied for my papers when i was 17...will the fact that I am a minor have any effect on the amount of time I will have to wait? Also, My dad is a citizen and my mom just became a resident. Will that have any effect as well?
-Michael.

Hello, I am a Canadian citizen. I married my American Lady in December 2010 in Indianapolis, Indiana. I will be retiring in about 2 years time. I would like to know the easiest way that I can live in Indianapolis with her legally, without giving up my Canadian citizenship. I have two pensions coming upon retirement and a private health care insurance, so I will not be a burden upon the US. Any help afforded will be greatly appreciated. Take care and have a great day! My email if necessary - shazzam@videotron.ca

Hello,My husband and I went to the interview about two months ago.We answered all of the questions properly.The officer was a nice young lady ,she seemed very friendly.After the interview she said,"I cannot take any decision right now because you had filed the I-30 and it is all the way in Califonia so I will request for it but it will take two weeks to get here then we will contact you in one month."Since then i never received no mail from them or nothing.Does anybody has an idea or something?

Interview questions on net. It will definitely helps more. Now a days most of the people browse the net. I appreciate it. Thanks for sharing this information.

Regards

Thanks for the information, it's really important for those who experience immigration process. But I'd like to note that the answers to those questions should be prepared carefully beforehand. And if your case is not simple enough it's even better to use the services of specialized agencies or a lawyer who can lead you in the right direction. If you want to succeed in the interview, don't be lazy and try to find all the necessary information in advance. And those questions can help greatly!