im very worried

swissman67

back in 1994 i have been charged with a grand theft felony 1 (stealing a car) after i fleed with the car of a guy who picked me up while hichhiking because he threatened me and tortured me with a stungun during the ride. the charge is still pending in indiana. i found out thru a BG check. im not sure if the FBI was involved but i talked to the state attn. who is in charge and he told me the case is still pending.
3 years later i have changed my name legaly and entered the US without problems and then in 2005 again.
i have to say that in 1997 they had not yet installed the fingerprint / photograph thing at the POE but in 2005 hey had. and i entered with no problems at the POE (with my new name)
meanwhile i had to change my name again NOT to hide any criminal history but because of legitime reasons.
im worried now because i am not sure what they do with the fingerprints and the photos at the POE? are these data stored and compared with a crime database? sure they are but what happens if i enter again and my fingerprints show up my old name? (i am also not sure they have taken the fingerprints in the car but they know my name because i told the owner of the car my real name) i do have all the legal documents of the namechange and i have no problems to show them to the officers. but im more worried that in the meantime my arrest warrant from indiana is also in that database.
i am seriously thinking about to get a FBI background check under my original name to see if i am registered there. if yes i will not enter the usa, even with my new name. if not i might give it a try but i still think it is a risk.
what do you think? i dont know what i should do.