I'm a Malaysian, wanting to unite with my British BF

gracey82

Dear all,

After looking at so many forums and predicaments faced by lots of people, I'm getting paranoid now about my situation :( . Me(25,Malaysian) and my BF(24,British,from Northern Ireland) started our long-distance relationship 1 and half year ago and it has been a long journey for our relationship, not to mention expensive flights & visits, phone calls etc as he is still student and I just started working.We started our relationship in Sept 06 when we were on our internship in HK, which after he went back & continue his study in Nothern Ireland and me back to Malaysia.We have been travelled back & forth since to visit each other. Things get better when I get one year traineeship in Germany. He will be finishing his study in a month time and I will be finishing my traineeship in 4 months time. We are already willing to get marry(though we are still not financially ready) but we are willing to take this step in order for us to be able to live in the same city and end the torture :(. But even getting marry and applying for settlement visa is still an unknown factor as I read cases that the visa be rejected. He will start looking for jobs after he finish his study(mechanical engineering) and save up the money as for the proof of fund as we want to try to apply for the marriage/settlement visa. My questions are:

1) What are some of the supported documents which are important for the visa? Eg for fund, how much amount money is consider sufficent?

2) I want to start apply for job in UK(which is also not easy considerably I only have 1-2 yrs experience). Company might not consider whilst I'm waiting for the visa to come thru. Anyone has any suggestion? Do I have to have a job offer when I apply for the settlement visa?

I just don't understand why is it so difficult for 2 ppl from different country to just BE TOGETHER?

Any advise/help are much appreciated.