IJ approved my case...whats next?!

legolas007

Registered Users (C)
hey guys...IJ just approved my case.
but they denied my EAD. (it was too early or something)
my questions are

1. do i really ned EAD anymore?
2. is the copy of IJ granting my asylum decision (which i got on the day of trial) the only document that i need/or gonna send me ?should i expect any documents in my mail from IJ?
3. what should i do next. please explain me in step by step.
4. i wanna get SSN, driver licence. how?

im expecting your replies asap

thanks

no ...i just have IJ decision (actually IJ got a original and i have a copy on stack-paper)..nothing else

what should i do next?

no ...i just have IJ decision (actually IJ got a original and i have a copy on stack-paper)..nothing else

what should i do next?

You will need to make an appointment to go to a local USCIS office for processing. I will post a fact sheet for your reference tomorrow.

Just bring the IJ decision to a driver office and you should have your driver license for 6 years. That was my experience at Florida. They only called Uscis to verify the validity of the paper.

thanks

dont forget about me

The first attachment ("fact sheet") is a copy of the paper that you should have been given.

You should also take a look at the second attachment ("FAQ") which is a list of questions and answers about the EOIR immigration process. Look at in particular questions #25 and 26.

Basically you will need to make an appointment online and visit the USCIS. They will give you documentation reflecting your new status.

Good luck and congratulations.

hey guys...IJ just approved my case.
but they denied my EAD. (it was too early or something)
my questions are

1. do i really ned EAD anymore?
2. is the copy of IJ granting my asylum decision (which i got on the day of trial) the only document that i need/or gonna send me ?should i expect any documents in my mail from IJ?
3. what should i do next. please explain me in step by step.
4. i wanna get SSN, driver licence. how?

im expecting your replies asap

thanks

I was in the same boat. I was granted asylum through the Immigration Court. You must make an infopass appoinment to get your I-94. However, you will have to wait as the local USCIS has to wait for all the documents to be sent to them by the Immigration Court. I had to wait two months to get my I-94. You can use your court papers and a photo ID to get your SSN and your driver's license. I urge you to make an infopass appoinment as soon as possible. You should choose the forth option(You need information or other services). You can ask them to expedite the processing.

well i chose 4th option and press continue

but nothing happens?

what should i do? do you have the same problem guys?

well i chose 4th option and press continue

but nothing happens?

what should i do? do you have the same problem guys?

You should choose the "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" option which will lead you to the next screen having four choices. Pick the first choice "Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court."

The system will then ask you to input some personal information. You will then be allowed to pick a date and time to see an USCIS officer.

can you give me that EOIR phone number.

on IJ decision i have "apeal waived"

the thing is

my zip code is 11374 but.. when i click one of these options nothing happens

can you give me that EOIR phone number.

on IJ decision i have "apeal waived"

the thing is

my zip code is 11374 but.. when i click one of these options nothing happens

It has to be a problem with your computer. Are you using Internet Explorer?

I opened the page with this link:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Then I clicked on the first bar: Make your appointment with INFOPASS

Then a new screen appeared. I entered 11374 as the zip code and clicked the continue icon.

A new screen appeared and I checked the first box: You need Service on a case that has already been filed .

Clicked the continue box.

Checked the Order from Immigration Court box and clicked the continue icon.

Then you have to input personal information about you including your A file number.

Click continue

The system will ask you to confirm your personal information by clicking continue.

Then you will be asked to pick a date and time.

Perhaps you can ask someone who is more used to surfing the Internet to help you schedule an appointment. It is very straightforward.

You can check your case status by calling 800-898-7180 and inputting your A-number.

ok...it was about my PC. now it all works.

im gonna schedule appointment ASAP
and... is there anything else i should receive from IJ through mail??
can you guys tell me what should i expect on that appointment and what should be my next steps after that appointment is done.

thankful
, thanks for your help :)

ok...it was about my PC. now it all works.

im gonna schedule appointment ASAP
and... is there anything else i should receive from IJ through mail??
can you guys tell me what should i expect on that appointment and what should be my next steps after that appointment is done.

thankful
, thanks for your help :)

When you go to your appointment they should issue you an I-94 card and a work permit.

There should not be anything further in the mail for you.

Last edited by a moderator: