IIO Says there is an RFE

ht1

PD 08/98 RD 07/00 ND 08/00

Per IIO this week both mine and wife\'s files are marked with RFE. he mentions it takes 2 weeks to generate and mail an RFE ! (great ).

Does anyone know howlong actually they take to do this?. What is their procedure to "generate" an RFE?. IIo does not know what the RFE is about. Is there a way to findout in advace so that we can keep documents ready?.

Thanks for all the help .

detail?

hi JK:

would you post your detail? RD, ND and date assigned to an officer?

thans

idea

hi,

I think they need to create a new ref-number, write a letter,
enter those information to computer system and send to mailing room.

I suggest you to talk to your attoney and he (I guess) may have
different channel to tallk to immigration office at NSC center.

REF for me?

hi jk:

I called IIO , he said they still have not made a decision on
my case, also he said it is possible that I receive a ref letter.

I wonder if your AVM is updated? would you post your ref information once you get it? I will post mine if I get it.

No Title

I think there is nothing to worry about it. I know many people who got RFE. INS was asking nothing more than those you submitted before(assuming your attorney gave you the right instruction). One thing you might want to work on right now is to get another employment letter from your employer. I saw many people got I-485 approved after mailing back RFE in one month. Take it easy, you will be there. Good luck!

torture of uncertain

caoins, thank you.

it is really a mental torture. after waiting for so many days, something is still uncertern. if there a ref, let ref come early, not let people guess what is the ref about.

Spoke to attorney

Per him, olny way to know is to wait. The details of RFE is no available from IIOs.

AVM will get updated in 4-5 days.

In my case , I called the IIO on a friday and AVM got updated the next wednesday and the attorney got the rfe letter after 2 weeks.
Now AVM is updated to RFE reply received. It is one week since the new update. Has anyone received approval after sending RFE reply in the past one month?
How long does it take to get a reply after AVM is updated.

It depends

NSC485 Waiter , It depends on your luck. I know aperson got approval from NSC after 10 days from submitting RFE. Another friend is wating for the past 5 weeks !.

my RFE

in my case, my lawyer received RFE on 21st Sept or 24th. later on I checked the AVM, which said it was sent on 19th sept. when I rcvd faxed copy from my lawyer, it was generated on 17th sept. so the communication happened rather quick in my case. usually, if rfe is genrated, you should receive in less than two weeks.

also in my case, i never receieved rfe directly. it was sent to lawyer and lawyer sent it to me.

the rfe was regding my wife\'s birth certificate and i havent replied yet, waiting for some papers from india.

wonder?

hi ps1999:

so you have sent your wife\'s birth certificate when you filed
I-485?

Ques jk

Did the IIO tell u that ure file has been marked for an RFE..how long ago was that? I am trying to determine when the avm gets updated???

I got a different story today

Today , I spoke to IIO again, but I heard a differet story. According to her, the file has been assigned to an officer just yesterday.

I don\'t know what to believe and what not.

Guys, I am tired. Is it of any help approching a senetor?.

jk, what time did you usually call IIO?

jk,

questions for you:
 1. did you get your ref?
 2. what time did you usually call IIO?

thanks