If I have GC can i bring spouse on v visa or ( V1 visa ).

nipang

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
If my GC has come and If i have go to india and get married,
I heared I can bring spouse on new visa call V visa or V1 visa ( I am not sure what it is called ) ? Is it true , Now we can bring spouse from India even after my Gc is done .

Waiting for reply ....

v visa

Hi nipang,

If you aren't married yet, then your future spouse will be ineligible for the v-visa under the current law. Currently, that visa is only available for spouses or children of green card holders whose applications for immigration have been pending for more than 3 years. And for her to be eligible for the visa, you would have had to file for her immigration application on or before 12/21/2000. Does anyone have any idea if congress has plans to alter the date or the waiting period?

This is a really unfortunate situation for many green card holders, including myself. It simply does not make sense that almost every other category of visa holders can bring their spouses here, while there is approximately a 5 year waiting period for permanent residents. You might want to check out the thread "Help spouses of green card holders" for more information. Hopefully, congress will do something about allowing green card holders to bring their spouses to this country shortly after marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi nipang

Actually right now there is no hope n still no relief for green card holder. because in every other catogary you can go easily. This is seriously threat n unfair, .As per my knowledge v1 visa also now stoped.I just let u know so many families sepreat because of one law. U.S govt should think about it.So lets pray n wait wht happend....