Iead

jan2003rd

Registered Users (C)
My EAd is expiring Feb 20. I applied for 3rd EAD on Nov 14 2003, and ND is Nov 18 2003. I applied EAD myself.

I went to Newark office today for IEAD and lady told me that they have generated the query on Feb 15. Meanwhile I got 2nd fingerprinting scheduled on 1/4/2004. There is no web site updation for query and for fingerprinting also for 485. I called 1800XXXX and they told me to send a letter to vermount asking about the query on EAD.

Can I still keep working? Are there any issues if I work without EAD?

I 485 - RD Jan 18, 2002
I 485 - ND Jan 28, 2002
EAD 2nd - 20 Feb 2003
Applied for 3rd ead on Nov 14 2003
ND for 3rd ead - Nov 18 2003

Legally u can't work....

Working = Getting Paid. So, do it appropriately.
Also, some people have suggested that receipt is sufficient. But I don't think that is correct.

You can't work without EAD- receipt etc don't allow you to work.
You simply have to respond to the RFE and take it from there. Try to come to an understanding with your employer- to work without pay now- get compensated later. Lot of employers do that. I am not sure if that is 100% legal.

This is another BCIS nightmare. I guess one should apply for EAD 6 months before expiry- so delays and RFEs can be taken careof.

cannot work if ead has expired???

I have not seen any document that says can not work without EAD if you are on EAD and applied for renewal and the current EAD has expired...
Has some one seen the document?

Re: cannot work if ead has expired???

Originally posted by jan2003rd
I have not seen any document that says can not work without EAD if you are on EAD and applied for renewal and the current EAD has expired...
Has some one seen the document?

There cannot be rules for the various possible alternatives.
Hence simply. To work when one is in AOS status without any other work visa, they need valid current EAD. If this condition is not met, then it is not legal.
Obviously, people close to this condition may justify other possibilites, but justification doesn't maketh the law.