Registered Users (C)
AOS : WAC02-067-*****
Filed in CSC, I live in Houston TX
EAD Renewal WAC-03-XXX-XXXXXX
Renewal filed on January 21

Current EAD expired on 04/01.

Story

Day 1:

Stood in the line at 5:30 AM. Reached the window at 8:30 AM.

BCIS Response : We have already taken in enough people to service today. Please come at 6 AM tomorrow with this orange slip , you will be allowed in early without having to wait in the line.

Day 2:
Stood in the line at 6 AM. There were 50 more people with the orange appointment slip. Reached the INS officer window at 7:15 AM.

BCIS Response: Office took original I-765, Copy of the DL, Copy of the I-485 receipt and gave the I-765 expedite notice. I was asked to appear after a week at 8:30 AM to get my interim iEAD

Day 9:
Reahed the BCIS EAD dept at 8:25. Left my expedite notice in a tray.

BCIS Response: I was called after 15 minutes for a picture and office handed me the interim card around 9 AM.

The card is only valid for three months. Once I asked why the card is not valid for 8 months. The office guessed that it is possible that other office may have seen the printing activity for my EAD application. That is why your interim card is for 3 months.

2nd thing to notice is the interim card is not effective back dated. Go figure :mad:

Bottom line: It took 9 days to get me an iEAD in Houston that too which is valid for only three months. There are all the chances that I have to stand in the line after 2 1/2 months again to get another interim card.

:mad:

That's cool, at least you got iEAD from TX service center even after having WAC#. Otherwise I was thinking it is not a common practice.

Did INS asked you any thing about why you have WAC# and comming here or blah blah ....

I asked all the questions, they asked for all the papers ;)

I was hoping for eight months iEAD :mad:

I think they never asked that question because my DL shows a TX address.

Bro,

chnage of address should always be reported to BCIS. that is the law. IT is not likely but there are always chance for getting in trouble, if you did not report you new address to BCIS.

I files my renewal with CSC as I mentioned. My company is in CA and I live in Houston,TX. The correspondence address that BCIS have for me is for Houston, TX only. I have been all along in TX only I just chose to do all my paperowrk with CSC.

Hope that helps

Alibaba:

Thanks for the post of your experience.

we will need to get the iEAD in Houston, too, after filed with
CSC at Feb, 2003.

So according to you, the required documents are copy of DL, copy of 485 receipt, "original I-765".

What do you mean by original I-765??
a new I-765 application form? or original I-765 receipt??

Do we need to bring appliation fee or photographers?

Your reply will be a great help! Thank you very much!

In houston, you cannot get iEAD on the same day. The first day if you really reached early, you will get an expedite notice. The notice will ask you to come after a week.

The documents that you should carry to get expedite notice and later iEAD

1. Original EAD filing receipt
2. Copy of I-485 receipt
3. Your current EAD card
4. The marriage certificate (if married)
5. proof of identity beside the current EAD card.

yes2003, I did not visit the thread that is why my reply is that late.

Good luck

90 days rule in Houston office

Is the Houston office very strict about applying for iEAD 90 days after receipt date on I765? Is it possible to go a few days before 90 days are up & fix up an appointment?

hari_nupur,

I do not that for sure. If one have time I think it is worth a try. Since iEAD in Houston will take at least 8 days.

take new i765 form?

Alibaba, I know that you haven't mentioned it in your list of docs, but did you carry a new 765 form (filled up of course)?
And fees & pictures?

The reason I ask is that I've seen some people recommend that.

Currently, you've suggested to take the foll. ONLY while going for iEAD.

2. Copy of I-485 receipt
3. Your current EAD card

Also, jaxen was saying that if you've 765/485 in CSC but go for iEAD in TSC, you might get your case transfered. Have you experienced this or know of this happen?

Thanks,

- nik.

Originally posted by Alibaba
Bro,

chnage of address should always be reported to BCIS. that is the law. IT is not likely but there are always chance for getting in trouble, if you did not report you new address to BCIS.

I files my renewal with CSC as I mentioned. My company is in CA and I live in Houston,TX. The correspondence address that BCIS have for me is for Houston, TX only. I have been all along in TX only I just chose to do all my paperowrk with CSC.

Hope that helps

Alibaba:
I am in a position close to yours and would like to seek your advice. I work in the Texas jurisdiction state. My employer is in CA. My EB2-LC (subst) is from CA. My 140 has been applied from CA. It is close to approval. On the 140,, the address that got specifed was that of my current address under Texas jurisdiction.
Now, can i file my 485 also from CSC? My atoorney says, it is very clearly written on the 485 form (where to file) that the 485 application should go to the INS office governing your area of residence (which means in my case texas center).
I would really like to know, how it worked out for you to file your 485 from CSC, while you were staying at texas all the while.

thanks

Just thought I might chip in.

Linuxrox
Maybe your lawyer is wrong. I personally know people in your situation. And they all have filed in centers where their employers are located. Since it is employment based, if the employer is in California, then you can file in CSC regardless of your residence. Come fingerprint and stamping time, the procedures will be executed at the closest BCIS office near your home.

waitingforbreak is right. In the case your residence falls under different center than your employer's HQ, you have options. It is up to you to choose.

All along, I have been living in TX and all my cases were filed with CSC.

Re: take new i765 form?

Originally posted by nikbert
Alibaba, I know that you haven't mentioned it in your list of docs, but did you carry a new 765 form (filled up of course)?
And fees & pictures?

The reason I ask is that I've seen some people recommend that.

Currently, you've suggested to take the foll. ONLY while going for iEAD.

2. Copy of I-485 receipt
3. Your current EAD card

Also, jaxen was saying that if you've 765/485 in CSC but go for iEAD in TSC, you might get your case transfered. Have you experienced this or know of this happen?

Thanks,

- nik.

Thanks for correction. Yes I had a new I-765 filled. I did not take any pictures or fees. It is not required. They take your picture on the spot and fee you have already paid.

As far as transfer goes, my case has not been transfered until now. CSC know from the start that I am working in TX. That is where they had sent my first EAD card.

If they transfer I don't give a hoot.

Originally posted by Alibaba
waitingforbreak is right. In the case your residence falls under different center than your employer's HQ, you have options. It is up to you to choose.

All along, I have been living in TX and all my cases were filed with CSC.

Alibaba:
Thanks for your response.

1. Is the Texas address that you live in, specified in the residence address column of 140 and 485 apps that you submitted to CSC ?

2. Were you living in CSC areas when you started the 140/485 process and then you moved to TX? or were you living in TX itself and your employer filed everything in CSC?

3. Did you get your first EAD in CSC or you got everything in TX?

4. And lastly, if I file in CSC (I live under TSC area), if the file gets transferred, does it get transferred to the Texas main INS center or will it be transferred to the local INS center ? And what priority date will get allotted ?

thanks a lot for your response.

linuxrox

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes

2. No, yes

3. I have always been in TX and got 1st EAD mailed to TX address

4. I am not in a position to answer this question.