iEAD before 90th day?

loose

Registered Users (C)
Well, my case:

J-2 for 3th year,
working - research in our local University...
Got a new DS form 24 days before expiration of current EAD.
RD 7/3/06 from TSC
my last EAD exp date 7/10/06
LUD 7/15/06

I'm standing at home doing nothing - just waiting for my 3th EAD.
There is plenty of thing to do at the LAB but I am not allowed to work :mad:
My boss is waiting for me but it won't be forever...

As I see I could get my renewal by next week, next month or somewhere in October 2006....
Waiting is what kills me, may be that is the way how they want the things to work for all us who are not USC. To make you feel small, insignificant and less human....:cool:

Is anybody got a iEAD before 90th day?

If it's possible, I could try but I'm filling a little bit disgusted just to imagine to be in our local USCIS begging for permission to work legally.
The system sucks but anyway all we are here and we must play by the rules ;)

I know exactly how you feel. I'm a college professor. I have lot more important thing to worry about than my EAD....not to mention a few U.S. government sponsored research projects. But here I am, doing the exact same thing as you are. This is so humiliating, but hey, I guess we can look at it as an initiation of some kind!

Keep your chin up.

loose said:
Well, my case:

J-2 for 3th year,
working - research in our local University...
Got a new DS form 24 days before expiration of current EAD.
RD 7/3/06 from TSC
my last EAD exp date 7/10/06
LUD 7/15/06

I'm standing at home doing nothing - just waiting for my 3th EAD.
There is plenty of thing to do at the LAB but I am not allowed to work :mad:
My boss is waiting for me but it won't be forever...

As I see I could get my renewal by next week, next month or somewhere in October 2006....
Waiting is what kills me, may be that is the way how they want the things to work for all us who are not USC. To make you feel small, insignificant and less human....:cool:

Is anybody got a iEAD before 90th day?
----------- after 90 day, FYI local offices are going to stop IEAD and many local offices has stoped iEAD. may be you will get EAD early, I have read many getting EAD in 20-30 days from TSC
If it's possible, I could try but I'm filling a little bit disgusted just to imagine to be in our local USCIS begging for permission to work legally.
The system sucks but anyway all we are here and we must play by the rules ;)
-------------

My wife got her iEAD at the Cincinnati CIS office on 88th day. This office issues iEADs only on tuesdays. Hence we didn't want to wait until the next tuesday. They somehow honored our request.

In your case, nothing wrong with making an infopass appt. and giving it a try !.

asiacpl said:
I know exactly how you feel. I'm a college professor. I have lot more important thing to worry about than my EAD....not to mention a few U.S. government sponsored research projects. But here I am, doing the exact same thing as you are. This is so humiliating, but hey, I guess we can look at it as an initiation of some kind!

Keep your chin up.

Jeeezz!
I was thing I'm in a bad situation but yours is even worst...
I know how hard is now-a-days to get some grants and especially if you are not USC. So don't give up ff there's a will, there's a way ;)

I don't think it is possible to change something which is beyond your competence, but if you are PI and you have some positions in your research unit you could choose to hire a fat and lazy USC person or high motivated, skinny smart ass from overseas country ....:D

The competition is what scares most people here and it is easy to understand why there is so many laws, rules and policies that makes our job here so hard.... :cool:

bmt74 said:
My wife got her iEAD at the Cincinnati CIS office on 88th day. This office issues iEADs only on tuesdays. Hence we didn't want to wait until the next tuesday. They somehow honored our request.

In your case, nothing wrong with making an infopass appt. and giving it a try !.

Thanks for this Info...
It could be helpful for many people but can you specify when exactly your wife got her iEAD? Because obviously in a time manner they will stop issuing iEAD anywhere in any occasion....

Isn't it a great country? :D