I485 temporary move to US from Canada vs consulate processing

canwan

Hi, I am new here and currently in Canada and waiting for my US employer sponsored I140 to be approved. My goal is to file I485 asap after the I140 is approved. My options are to leave for the US temporarily and file the 485 and come back to Canada (to satisfy another year of residency requirement) or go for consulate processing. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know if the Montreal consulate is even conducting employment interviews for consular processing. I got no information online but their website says that they are considering some limited cases but seems they are very very backed up. Do I have a change to get an interview within 6-9 months from now. Any help will be appreciated.
2. Can I go to the US for a few weeks, file the 485 and come back. Please note that I work for a large US company but on Canadian payroll (Canadian branch).

Any help will be much appreciated!

If you are outside US your employer might have opted for consular processing in your I-140 & might have mentioned Montreal US consulate for immigrant visa.

You also might to file I-824 to move approved I-140 from NVC to USCIS service center if you choose to file I-485 while being present in US.

You need to be physically present in US to file I-485 and to preserve I-485 you have to have advance parole approved before you depart US.