I485 RFE in Jan 2008 and approvals

vsaxena

Registered Users (C)
I485 RFE in Feb 2008 and approvals

Hello All,

please help me to track how many people received & replied to RFEs (on I-485) in Feb, 2008 and got approvals. Please add your details if appropriate.

My details:
PD: Sep 2002 ( CC case)
EB-3
I-485- Recipet date- May, 2007
RFE (For employment authorization) on I-485 recieved on 20th feb 2008.

VS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one

...got RFE on the same day (Feb 20th), documents required sent to lawyers yesterday, lawyers say they will send the RFE reply package on Monday, if all is OK...do not expect answer until at least late March...:mad:

I140/485 RD 1/26/07
I140 AD 8/8/07, soft LUD 2/24/08?
I485 RFE 2/20/08

smog, see my "got RFE?" thread for details

...I would say, same situation as for yourself...bunch of paperwork....

My 485 RFE Details:

1 - Copies of both my passports
2 - Copy of form I-20 (Not submitted at the time of 485 filing)
3 - Copies of all my EADs
4 - Copies of W-2 for all employers
5 - Copies of form 1040
6 - Original IRS Service transcripts for me an my spouse
7 - First and Last paystub issued to me by every employer for all years

I understand W2s AND Copies of Old passport AND I-20, All these were NOT submitted by my attorney at the time of 485 filing.

But 1040 ?? Are they suspecting that I did not pay Taxes?

MY CASE DETAILS:

EB2 CASE, NSC, Non Retrogressed Country, Labor and 140 approved, 485 filed in Dec 2006. RFE on 485 received Feb 17, 2008.

Update ----> Response Mailed March 2008. Approved April 2008 :)

Goodluck everyone :) thank you for your valuable inputs, appreciate it very much. Godbless :)

My 485 RFE Details:

1 - Copies of both my passports
2 - Copy of form I-20 from 1996 (Not submitted at the time of 485 filing)
3 - Copies of all my EADs
4 - Copies of W-2 for all employers Since 2002 (my last entry into the US)
5 - Copies of form 1040 since 2002 (my last entry into the US)
6 - Original IRS Service transcripts from 2002 to 2007 for me an my spouse
7 - First and Last paystub issued to me by every employer for all years from
2002 to 2008

I understand W2s AND Copies of Old passport AND I-20, All these were NOTt submitted by my attorney at the time of 485 filing

But 1040 ?? Are they suspecting that I did not pay Taxes?

MY CASE DETAILS:

EB2 CASE, NSC, Non Retrogressed Country, Labor and 140 approved, 485 filed in Dec 2006. RFE on 485 received Feb 17, 2008

I see they suspect you stayed illegally in US sometime from 2002.

Did you have interruption in the status from 2002 (any gaps in I-94) ?
If any of your employers filed letter to USCIS that you do not work for him sometime within period back from 2002 ?

I understand that you were unemployed some period of time from 2002, but I do not understand why they raised an alert for your case.
It would be solution for you to leave US and come back with new I-94 before to file I-485.

Hi sfmars,

- No Gaps in my I-94
- No employer has ever revoked my H visa
- I was sick for 3 months in 2002 and was not payed, but after that I got back
to work with the same employer
- I have continuos employment since then

Hi sfmars,

- No Gaps in my I-94
- No employer has ever revoked my H visa
- I was sick for 3 months in 2002 and was not payed, but after that I got back
to work with the same employer
- I have continuos employment since then

I understand that can cause problem, however if I were you I would send them the documents they requested.

In the mean time I would leave US and come back with new I-94, in case if your current I-485 is denied I would file new I-485

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Hi sfmars,

I have requested all the documents, I will forward them to USCIS in response to my RFE. I have given up hope, anyways I will wait and watch. I might get an approval, who knows?

Hi sfmars,

I have requested all the documents, I will forward them to USCIS in response to my RFE. I have given up hope, anyways I will wait and watch. I might get an approval, who knows?

I cordially wish you to be approved

Update

My lawyer replied RFE on 4th Mar 08 and recieved 2 emails (exactly same) on 5th Mar 08..

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On March 5, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processin........................................................